• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

strut rod bushing question

bobby albertson

Local time
2:39 PM
Reaction score
thumbnail (1).jpg
thumbnail (2).jpg
thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail.jpg

Ok so attaches is a picture of the pass side strut rod end bushing on my 70 roadrunner,
right side is whats on there now, left side is after i removed the front part . The bottom images shows how it blew through the washer . Replaced it with a moog, the front part using the same washer and it blew through again!!!.
Any thoughts as to why? Bushings are rubber and about 2 years old. The replacement is a moog, rubber. I put a 2nd one one and this time used a larger washer . Is the original washer too small? or crappy bushing, or both? Am I ok just replacing the front? Any thought?

Look's to be the wrong washer. The washer I had was cupped front and back ones. Much larger washer also. But replaced mine with the new style Ordered from summit. They have a pivot on the shaft. To let them move. Better ride. QA1 something. The best I can remember. Thought I was getting the same as I had but that is what they sent me. Check with part's mix may be they have the correct washer for that application you have.

Agree, I believe you need a larger diameter cupped washer. 440'

I put a larger washer on the original one. cause I'm a little ocd, I ordered a complete replacement set with that comes with the proper washers from Laysons. Will go on saturday

ok so the issue is /was.. The previous builder used the WRONG bushing and washers.. Go figure, smh, They both were crushed at the rear and the driver side was starting to pull through too, I ordered a set, urethane from laysons that included washers to make sure Im not in the store guessing what size... anyway best $39.99 spent! torqued pefrectly nice and stiff!!!!.

Auto Transport Service
Back