• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STUARTS DRAFT, VA

BDF6

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:17 AM
Reaction score
Any members live here? I just placed my MIL's marker stone at the family plot at cemetery, looked up & saw a nice yellow Road Runner
D51A8E46-74F4-494C-8FE9-39073BFBF942.jpeg
B56A3ED9-B854-4239-B2E5-DD1A203CADFE.jpeg

No Trespassing sign, Beware of The Dog sign, and the dog was waiting in plain sight! :lol:

NOT MINE
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner 440 six pack 1 of 429 coupes made. lemon twist yellow FY1 paint, decor package, four speed, dana rear 410.rallye wheels , 15x6 1/2 front 15x8 rear, air grabber hood. right hand mirror, tic-toc, tachometer, interior custom decor seats, laredo grain insert with 2" accent band, engine a little bigger than stock .3" exhaust with turn downs,88000 miles. all number matching. Very fast!
Donnie & Linda Sweet - Stuarts Draft, Virginia

70rrbydsweet_2.jpg

70rrbydsweet_3.jpg
70rrbydsweet_1.jpg

Source:
http://www.plymouthroadrunner.com/featured/1970/1970-plymouth-road-runner-5.shtml

Wow, nice find.
Be careful, though - that's in one of the most corrupt cop counties in the country!
Well known for traffic/speed trap shakedowns of unsuspecting travelers....

Wow, nice find.
Be careful, though - that's in one of the most corrupt cop counties in the country!

Most of Virginia when I lived there and why I left.

Edit: and I am not going back.

Wow, nice find.
Right up there with Emporia, Va. That's all those sherrif officers do is write traffic summonses.

I'm very grateful that my rental doesn't have CA plates out here. Actually this is a beautiful part of our country with very nice people everywhere!

Right up there with Emporia, Va. That's all those sherrif officers do is write traffic summonses.
All part of that state's traditionally "red" politics turning "blue" as the northern part gained control
over the SW part, I'm afraid. That state's legislature has pretty much created a police state up there
and it's a damn shame. Such a gorgeous state full of history, now overrun....

All part of that state's traditionally "red" politics turning "blue" as the northern part gained control
over the SW part, I'm afraid. That state's legislature has pretty much created a police state up there
and it's a damn shame. Such a gorgeous state full of history, now overrun....
I agree Ed, it doesn't get much prettier than the Shenandoah Valley.

I agree Ed, it doesn't get much prettier than the Shenandoah Valley.
Lived in the northern suburbs 20 years and loved going to all the monuments and such.
Finally got out and moved down by the battlefields outside Fredericksburg; loved the corridor
going up through Shenandoah and eventually into WV.
Sadly, "the plague" followed me all the way down there and I saw what was coming....
Got out of there in the mid 90's.

Lived in the northern suburbs 20 years and loved going to all the monuments and such.
Finally got out and moved down by the battlefields outside Fredericksburg; loved the corridor
going up through Shenandoah and eventually into WV.
Sadly, "the plague" followed me all the way down there and I saw what was coming....
Got out of there in the mid 90's.
Now you live in God's country, and I don't see the Left ruining that for some time. :thumbsup:

Been there a couple of times years ago. Yes - very pretty. Too young at the time to know or care about the politics. So things are now turning blue you say...?

Been there a couple of times years ago. Yes - very pretty. Too young at the time to know or care about the politics. So things are now turning blue you say...?
Unfortunately yes. Northern Va. is ruined by DC and the coast of Va. is GHETTO!!!

I have lived in VA my entire life of 77 years and counting. I got my VA drivers license in 1957 at age 15. Not bragging, but I can count the number traffic violations on one hand and not use all five fingers. I disagree with most the comments concerning this state and its law enforcement practices.
Living in the northern Shenandoah Valley, we have lots of tourists driving in from many states. For me, most every driving experience I find myself commenting "what the h*** is that idiot trying to do...kill somebody?" And believe me, they all are not cars with VA license plates.
Ticketing these drivers, may actually save you or your loved ones life.

Auto Transport Service
Back