• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stuck Heater Control Valve

Stumper

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:19 PM
Reaction score
Any suggestions for freeing up a stuck heater control valve on a 62 Fury? I haven't taken the assembly out of the car but it looks like the control valve is soldered in place? Really hoping just to free it up while installed.... Non A/C car.

There is a little rod attached to a seal under the lever arm. Have you tried getting in there with your hand and moving it in and out?

Once they stick, it will bend the cable if you try moving the dash lever. They are rebuildable if it is bad.
20150308_115607.jpg

20150302_190530.jpg

20150308_120323.jpg

There is a little rod attached to a seal under the lever arm. Have you tried getting in there with your hand and moving it in and out?

Once they stick, it will bend the cable if you try moving the dash lever. They are rebuildable if it is bad.
View attachment 1427399
View attachment 1427400
View attachment 1427402
Thanks for those pictures. I never thought to try and open it. I’ve got my front seat out so now is the time to give it a try. Is there any trick to opening?

That little arm in the second pic. Try and work it up and down. There could be some crud inside it so maybe try as the car is running to keep the crud moving. I found old RTV in mine that came from elsewhere in the cooling system (probably the water pump).

I had to take mine apart because it was leaking.

Got it loose! Some penetrating oil and a little finessing with pliers… Now to see if I have heat …

Auto Transport Service
Back