• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sub-frame connectors

I made mine from 2x3 tubing and simply welded it through the floor on my '64 Polara. Cost...$20 for the steel. They effectively created a full frame car. Huge difference in stiffness of the chassis.

IMG_5526a.jpg

IMG_5398a.jpg

I bought an unused set from a member for about $150 plus shipping I believe. Saved a few bucks over new which are just under $200 I think.
Nice i think going to help put the torque to the ground and with 3800 super stock springs and 3.55 rear gears i think i will have a good ground pounder

Hey bearman, I did find one photo from inside the car. It was hard to cut these nice floors but worth it in the end! I'll take some from underneath after the rain.

IMG_0200.JPG

Hey bearman, I did find one photo from inside the car. It was hard to cut these nice floors but worth it in the end! I'll take some from underneath after the rain.
Thanks i know what your saying about cutting nice floors mine are great. But some of these have to replace because of the rusty mouses and i feel for them
View attachment 577787

I also have to do the welding upside down because mines not on a rotisserie.

Got it. After i do that project i think i am going to coat the underneath with some undercoating not sure yet but thinking hard on it. Next question is what to do about floor carpet does someone sell a form fitted panels or do we just paint them the color of the interior.

Auto Transport Service
Back