• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suggestions for a great carpet cleaning solution ?

Thanks for the not so helpful reply....I'm not laying down 1000 square feet of hardwood floor in 2 days.

:poke:

800 sq ft of the house is already mismatched hardwood, the rest is carpet. The goal is to eventually put matching hardwood in all rooms that currently have it as well as one more room. I still like carpet so about half of the house will still have it.

Glad I could be of service, Greg :icon_fU:

:lol:

At some point you can only do so much, kind of like polishing a turd, it's still a turd. Replace. By the way, no one sucks rugs. Don't you have a whole thread telling people how to talk................... know what I mean dude, just saying, smell what I'm saying, hear me talking, caught my drift and my favorite......... can you feel me!!!!!! LOL:poke:

I have family coming over this weekend and I need to suck the rugs.
I have a vacuum/carpet cleaner combo that uses a cleaning solution and a water solution for rinsing. I've tried a few store brands of cleaning solution but nothing has really stood out and impressed me. I've used some bleach mixed in, once I tried some Purple Power, Some generic "heavy duty" stuff from Home Depot but nothing seems much better than the others.
I have some traffic areas, some dirt, grease, pet stains and such. We have 3 dogs so they track backyard dust and dirt inside.
Anyone have a recommendation?

....its all about the steam really.....most cleaners are great at oil and light dirt separation, but lack the ability to properly penetrate. Steam cleaners are the the only way to go....plush cut? Berber? Dog stains and foot traffic will require scrubbing....then steam.....floor drier ect..... as mentioned before...., lol, wood.

At my high schools and office buildings I use commercial extraction cleaner. Before we replaced the carpet with laminate flooring, it was nothing but enzymatic cleaner with the big Clark extractor. If you have pets it is a must.

At some point you can only do so much, kind of like polishing a turd, it's still a turd. Replace. By the way, no one sucks rugs. Don't you have a whole thread telling people how to talk................... know what I mean dude, just saying, smell what I'm saying, hear me talking, caught my drift and my favorite......... can you feel me!!!!!! LOL:poke:

cant shine a turd.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back