• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suggestions please on problem brake line

Yes, I found that out a few minutes before your response. Pulled the pins out and was able to slide it off. Didn’t have my hand under the outboard shoe so it dropped down to the ground.

Thanks for your help guys! I have the driver side caliper removed thus far. Now on to the passenger side..

What year and model is this car?

Loosening the hose at the caliper was more of a challenge on the passenger side. Had to use an older “made in Taiwan” open end wrench. It was the only wrench I had that adequately cleared the threaded shaft of the upper ball joint, and allowed me to slide the breaker bar over it. That plumbing pipe breaker bar broke both of them darn hoses loose! The pipe cost me 18 bucks.

I used the LowBikeMike technique of rotating the caliper off the hose. It worked quite well. So I did not have to cut the hose or loosen the metal fitting on the other end of the hose.

A recalled Horror Freight jack stand helped support the caliper prior to the twirling for hose removal. I figured it was safe to use to support the weight of one brake caliper haha.

I got the master cylinder, booster and both calipers off the car before the oven temperatures return on Monday. Even though the high was only 81 on Sunday, I still sweat my *** off. I guess it was because of all the humidity, from the three days of rain, that we’ve had.

77A3EDA8-078C-46E1-B052-F27B8BC85A87.jpeg 662752EE-3772-48C3-BCF5-EBACA0934B59.jpeg C246AE0E-8D08-47A1-BF23-EA69625A7C49.jpeg 28474FB7-847D-4BA2-80B3-0BEDC84FBA81.jpeg 89E97E6D-4571-49FF-9383-3C7C6D478E0A.jpeg

Loosening the hose at the caliper was more of a challenge on the passenger side. Had to use an older “made in Taiwan” open end wrench. It was the only wrench I had that adequately cleared the threaded shaft of the upper ball joint, and allowed me to slide the breaker bar over it. That plumbing pipe breaker bar broke both of them darn hoses loose! The pipe cost me 18 bucks.

I used the LowBikeMike technique of rotating the caliper off the hose. It worked quite well. So I did not have to cut the hose or loosen the metal fitting on the other end of the hose.

A recalled Horror Freight jack stand helped support the caliper prior to the twirling for hose removal. I figured it was safe to use to support the weight of one brake caliper haha.

I got the master cylinder, booster and both calipers off the car before the oven temperatures return on Monday. Even though the high was only 81 on Sunday, I still sweat my *** off. I guess it was because of all the humidity, from the three days of rain, that we’ve had.

View attachment 1144049 View attachment 1144050 View attachment 1144051 View attachment 1144052 View attachment 1144053

You need to replace hoses

Auto Transport Service
Back