• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Awareness Month.

oldest sister in law (older by 20 years)..... anyway, her younger brother put a shotgun up under his chin.......

me and 2 friends came upon him in the woods...... I was 11 years old..... didn't get close enough to see details, maybe within 20-30 feet; but we knew he was dead

his truck was parked there, we didn't know who it was and didn't know the truck belonged to him; I thought we stumbled across a fresh murder scene and the killer was nearby.....

we ran like Forest Gump..... I wasn't all that traumatized after the fact........looking back, I suppose it was some pretty heavy ****

Last edited:
I just made a purchase at a local mattress store. They're having a car show on Sep 25 to raise awareness.

Mom taught us kids we would go straight to hell if we killed ourselves. No one knows if that's true but the thought of the possibility is enough to make you think twice about it.

In a lighter note has everyone seen that Burt Reynolds and Don DeLuise movie The End about Burt trying various ways to end his own life?

This subject hits very close to home. I myself know what it feels like to get down to some pretty deep, dark places. Not something I think I would ever do - but have never got down to the deepest darkest place - however having said that and being in places I have been - I can only say it can be very very bad and how exactly bad can it be before someone actually commits the act.

I've have close family members that have so seriously wanted to check out and even to the point of doing it - and at the very last second cried for help. One of my older brothers snapped in Vietnam. He was only 19ish. A very common age for someone to snap when faced with any number of traumatic events. After Nam he went to Spain and eventually got a medical discharge. He lived a life of pure unadulterated hell for about 20 years before he "accidentally" died - something we'll never know for sure - I know first hand because I spent a great amount of time with him because we were always really close and I knew how dark his pain was. Wouldn't take beneficial meds because they had to do regular blood draws in those days if you were on whatever he was on - he would never let them do so. Besides he said they took his spirit away. My God you just had to be there to understand what I'm saying. I was going to enlist - but when he came home - out of his mind and getting worse rapidly - I said screw that and went to college. I stayed with him whenever I came home from college and always lived with him during summers in between. He was extremely proud of his service and never once said a bad word about the military or anything related to. My mom called one day and left me a VM to call as soon as I got home. That's is something so unusual - she NEVER calls - with 9 children - you call her. So I knew immediately someone had died. I didnt call right away - but instead went and said a intense prayer that it was my brother Mark. I knew his suffering so clearly that I wanted it to be him. When my mom confirmed I was overwhelmed with a sense of peace for him. I was relieved for him. The manner of death was a bit gruesome - but doesn't demand a a suicide cause of death. I don't want to explain it - but I also don't really care - all I care about is he's in Heaven where he belongs and suffers no more. This all took place in the 1969ish to when he passed sometime in 1994ish.

I also have one more quick story of recent. This a friend up in Mpls. Had a devastating stroke - from which he suffered many complications. He was also a bit off his rocker. He had few remaining friends and was almost a hermit save his brother and a few others that kept in touch. After a year or so of intense suffering he badly wanted out. For some reason Je couldn't figure out how to do it at home. My other good buddy - the guy I sold my X to - visited him periodically. He also carries. This guy k ew that and on his visit the poor guy wanted out so bad he offered my buddy $10k to shoot him right then and there. He relentlessly begged Him to do the deed - which of course my buddy refused. And in fact called his brother and had him committed. While in Je refused any nutrition, water or anything to keep him alive any longer than it took to shut down his organs. Can you imagine the brutal pain inside both of these stories.

For those that like to say suicide is the ultimate act of selfishness - I could not agree less. You who say so have never walked in the shoes of those who suffer to such a degree they can take it no longer. Often something that keeps them from doing it sooner is the concern for those that love them. But tell me you've ever experienced their degree of mental pain. Most have absolutely no clue how dark one can get.

This subject hits very close to home. I myself know what it feels like to get down to some pretty deep, dark places. Not something I think I would ever do - but have never got down to the deepest darkest place - however having said that and being in places I have been - I can only say it can be very very bad and how exactly bad can it be before someone actually commits the act.

I've have close family members that have so seriously wanted to check out and even to the point of doing it - and at the very last second cried for help. One of my older brothers snapped in Vietnam. He was only 19ish. A very common age for someone to snap when faced with any number of traumatic events. After Nam he went to Spain and eventually got a medical discharge. He lived a life of pure unadulterated hell for about 20 years before he "accidentally" died - something we'll never know for sure - I know first hand because I spent a great amount of time with him because we were always really close and I knew how dark his pain was. Wouldn't take beneficial meds because they had to do regular blood draws in those days if you were on whatever he was on - he would never let them do so. Besides he said they took his spirit away. My God you just had to be there to understand what I'm saying. I was going to enlist - but when he came home - out of his mind and getting worse rapidly - I said screw that and went to college. I stayed with him whenever I came home from college and always lived with him during summers in between. He was extremely proud of his service and never once said a bad word about the military or anything related to. My mom called one day and left me a VM to call as soon as I got home. That's is something so unusual - she NEVER calls - with 9 children - you call her. So I knew immediately someone had died. I didnt call right away - but instead went and said a intense prayer that it was my brother Mark. I knew his suffering so clearly that I wanted it to be him. When my mom confirmed I was overwhelmed with a sense of peace for him. I was relieved for him. The manner of death was a bit gruesome - but doesn't demand a a suicide cause of death. I don't want to explain it - but I also don't really care - all I care about is he's in Heaven where he belongs and suffers no more. This all took place in the 1969ish to when he passed sometime in 1994ish.

I also have one more quick story of recent. This a friend up in Mpls. Had a devastating stroke - from which he suffered many complications. He was also a bit off his rocker. He had few remaining friends and was almost a hermit save his brother and a few others that kept in touch. After a year or so of intense suffering he badly wanted out. For some reason Je couldn't figure out how to do it at home. My other good buddy - the guy I sold my X to - visited him periodically. He also carries. This guy k ew that and on his visit the poor guy wanted out so bad he offered my buddy $10k to shoot him right then and there. He relentlessly begged Him to do the deed - which of course my buddy refused. And in fact called his brother and had him committed. While in Je refused any nutrition, water or anything to keep him alive any longer than it took to shut down his organs. Can you imagine the brutal pain inside both of these stories.

For those that like to say suicide is the ultimate act of selfishness - I could not agree less. You who say so have never walked in the shoes of those who suffer to such a degree they can take it no longer. Often something that keeps them from doing it sooner is the concern for those that love them. But tell me you've ever experienced their degree of mental pain. Most have absolutely no clue how dark one can get.
A simple “thanks” icon isn’t enough, and I don’t think I have the words to thank you enough for sharing.

Auto Transport Service
Back