• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Awareness Month.

Cheapsunglasses

In Rust We Trust!
Local time
10:48 AM
Reaction score
I hope it’s ok I post this, and this doesn’t get deleted, or hurt anyone’s feelings. This is a big problem in this country.

• 79% of all people who die by suicide are male.
  • Although more women than men attempt suicide, men are 4x more likely to die by suicide.
  • Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death among people aged 10–14 and the 3rd leading cause of death among people aged 15-24 in the U.S.
  • Suicide is the 12th leading cause of death overall in the U.S.
  • 46% of people who die by suicide had a diagnosed mental health condition - but research shows that 90% may have experienced symptoms of a mental health condition

Just because someone is feeling this way, it doesn’t mean they are weak, it’s ok to ask for help. Don’t feel obligated to comment, just hit the like, agree, or thanks icon. If you have a comment but don’t feel ok sharing it to the world, pm, I’m not a doctor, or a psychiatrist, but I’m an understanding person. This isn’t an easy subject, but it’s an important one.

Last edited:
I think it’s great you posted this! I think we’ve all known someone who has committed or contemplated suicide. Unfortunately a lot of them put on quite a front (think Robin Williams). Today especially, kids have a hard time with what’s going on in this world. I personally thank you for this, take care sir!

Thank you for posting, lost my dad 3 years ago as a result of suicide. Many never see it coming or ever really get closer. A few on site know my story, as a coping mechanism me and my family decided to recreate his 1969 Bee as a tribute and memorial not only for healing/therapy but to share his story and raise awareness. Sharing his story and our loss every time we take the car out is very healing. Ultimately our goal with this tribute is to raise awareness of suicide prevention.
1673C9E5-B63D-438E-80EB-08890F4135CE.jpeg
439329FD-8A4E-42C6-830A-153C0F4DC542.jpeg
7BE4865C-CAAA-485D-A9F8-5EA6ADAEB845.jpeg
8C7916BA-F012-44E5-9C1C-50D5BC5C77B6.jpeg

Suicide is the single most selfish act one can do!

Thank you for posting, lost my dad 3 years ago as a result of suicide. Many never see it coming or ever really get closer. A few on site know my story, as a coping mechanism me and my family decided to recreate his 1969 Bee as a tribute and memorial not only for healing/therapy but to share his story and raise awareness. Sharing his story and our loss every time we take the car out is very healing. Ultimately our goal with this tribute is to raise awareness of suicide prevention. View attachment 1337120View attachment 1337127View attachment 1337128View attachment 1337129
I love that car! Those paint jobs are so cool. Thank you for sharing, I hope you and your family are doing ok.

Thank you for posting, lost my dad 3 years ago as a result of suicide. Many never see it coming or ever really get closer. A few on site know my story, as a coping mechanism me and my family decided to recreate his 1969 Bee as a tribute and memorial not only for healing/therapy but to share his story and raise awareness. Sharing his story and our loss every time we take the car out is very healing. Ultimately our goal with this tribute is to raise awareness of suicide prevention. View attachment 1337120View attachment 1337127View attachment 1337128View attachment 1337129
I remember your post. That is a beautiful tribute from your heart and the car! Your dad would be proud, sir!

Suicide is the single most selfish act one can do!
I respect your opinion. However to the people that do it, they just feel so trapped and out of place, their mind goes to an area most people can’t even imagine, and they just feel like it’s the only escape. They don’t mean to hurt anyone, they just think it’s the only way out.

Thank you cheapsunglasses for posting this, heading to a car show tomorrow, looking forward to it and hopefully helping to raise awareness!

You might be right, however, I see it as Mother Nature thinning the herd. Solely based on the selfish act of suicide. Touchy subject for sure.

I am not a cold hearted, callus person, sorry for your loss.

One attempt every 27.5 seconds and one death every 11.5 minutes. That's a problem.

My sons girlfriend helped get the suicide chapter in St. Louis up and running and was president for 5 years. I give generously every year to AFSP and attend the out of the darkness walk events in St. Louis yearly and I have helped bury many.

Rates of suicide deaths among soldiers in 2021 were at their highest since before World War II. The total number of suicide deaths was also the highest seen in 20 years.

Cheapsunglasses, you're years ahead of your age in knowledge and I thank you for sharing.

Mother Nature thinning the herd, not a cold hearted or a callus person. 5.7 hemi, If that were true, you would have walked right on by without giving your two cents. You gained nothing and you just lost the respect of many.

Where I live here in Mesa county CO we have some of the highest suicide rate in the country. Twice the state average and 4 times the national average and no one can figure out why. Really bad among teenagers.
My ex-wife finally couldn't deal with the demons in her head anymore and offed herself a few years ago. Was really hard on our son.
One has to be in a really dark place to think that is the only way out. They don't do it hurt others but to stop their pain but it usually causes a lot pain for their loved ones.

Last edited:
Cheapsunglasses , thank you for the post / thread.

One attempt every 27.5 seconds and one death every 11.5 minutes. That's a problem.

My sons girlfriend helped get the suicide chapter in St. Louis up and running and was president for 5 years. I give generously every year to AFSP and attend the out of the darkness walk events in St. Louis yearly and I have helped bury many.

Rates of suicide deaths among soldiers in 2021 were at their highest since before World War II. The total number of suicide deaths was also the highest seen in 20 years.

Cheapsunglasses, you're years ahead of your age in knowledge and I thank you for sharing.

Mother Nature thinning the herd, not a cold hearted or a callus person. 5.7 hemi, If that were true, you would have walked right on by without giving your two cents. You gained nothing and you just lost the respect of many.
The suicide rate amongst our veterans is the one that concerns me most. Every truly productive effort
available needs to be aimed at that specific problem, in my opinion.

I got really tired of all the suicide briefings and crap when I was in the Military, they really crammed that down everybody's throat. Almost to the point of driving people suicidal!
Yes, it's a terrible thing to have happen, but it's an event that nobody has any control over! When God calls you home, you have no choice or say, you just go. It's the Grim Reapers fault for the fucked-up way people die! Think about that!
No matter how much money is thrown at this subject to study, the final answer is nobody will ever know what goes through a suicidal mind!

I got really tired of all the suicide briefings and crap when I was in the Military, they really crammed that down everybody's throat. Almost to the point of driving people suicidal!
Yes, it's a terrible thing to have happen, but it's an event that nobody has any control over! When God calls you home, you have no choice or say, you just go. It's the Grim Reapers fault for the fucked-up way people die! Think about that!
No matter how much money is thrown at this subject to study, the final answer is nobody will ever know what goes through a suicidal mind!
Only people who have survived know, and it’s not something they all want to talk about to just anyone.

Only people who have survived know, and it’s not something they all want to talk about to just anyone.
Agreed, and even in front of a mental health expert, they still exercise the 5th.

Auto Transport Service
Back