• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Summit oil pan

I just installed one on my hemi. Not the same windage tray you're using, but it worked out just fine.

Stock pan is the 402 pan with curved oil pick up.

If it's really a six quart pan, like it claims, it's bigger than a stock pan which would be 4+1.
Theoretically if it's a hemi pan copy, it should work in a 71, cause a hemi was available.
NO guarantee from me, however.

ill look around for a 402 pan to be on the safe side.

I used the 6qt Hemi pan with a one piece plastic windage tray from Summit. Minor clearancing and cleanup for oil pump pickup and louvers. Seals good and reusable.

I've always been confused by the pan rated capacity. Is the Hemi pan 6qts in the pan + 1 in the filter? I've always thought it was really 5 qt in the pan & 1 in the filter. Others who have actually measured pans, I'd l00i0ke to hear.

I’ll probably buy this one
Mopar Restoration Oil Pan
I wouldn't recommend that one.
I put one on my 383 and the drain plug had junk threads.
Didn't even tighten at ALL!
Of course I found this out after I filled it with oil.

I was kind of forced at that point to put in an oversize piggy-back plug.
To do this you end up cutting new threads into the pan so I flushed it a bit with clean oil that I threw away.
Mancini gave me a little money but it cost hours and I'm still left with a so-so setup.

Not to say Mancini is a bad place to buy stuff.
Typically their stuff is good and the price is fair as well.

I have a couple of "402" pans if ya want one.
Probably have a pick up too

I have a couple of "402" pans if ya want one.
Probably have a pick up too
I have the original 402 in the vehicle but its been off and on multiple times possibly causing a leak . I want something straight under $100 or free If that’s possible lol. Thanks. Pm me if interested

Last edited:
Has anyone use that oil pan with 4.15“ stroke (with windage tray from milodon #MIL32005)?

Has anyone use that oil pan with 4.15“ stroke (with windage tray from milodon #MIL32005)?
I haven't tried that combo personally, but I do have the stroker windage tray from 440source that I'm gonna use with a 30930 milodon pan, and a 4 3/8 crank.

Some dimensions if it helps.........

Auto Transport Service
Back