• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Super Rare 1 of 1 made factory moonroof Export 1973 Dodge Charger Rallye 340 4 speed

Sparing on the paint weren't they

very cool! any pics of the car?

Removed the rest of the vinyl roof and cleaned some of the glue off. You can understand why they had a habit of rusting under the vinyl tops. They never painted under there. Just over spray on the edge and then primer. Soon as the vinyl top starts cracking there goes the primer. Luckily this one is in great shape.

Attachments

• IMG_0703.jpg
    IMG_0703.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_0705.jpg
    IMG_0705.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 431
I joined just to comment on this post, I have wondered what had happened to this car and did a search to find it quite easy, I owned this car for years I use to buy and sell a lot of mopars during the 80's and 90's and this was one, I can help with any info needed I sold it to the guy in PA I think 8 years ago or there abouts, good to see the bandanna that had been hanging on the mirror is finally gone it had been there a good 20-25 years I am not sure where the spinning out story came from? not me. On the holes they were drilled in quarters not stamped you can tell from the inside but not sure if done during sunroof installation or not. When I sold the car I had pulled the engine gave it a freshen up and painted it, has aftermarket intake and carb rest is stock, it had broke a rocker and lost oil psi in the 90's and just set in storage till I dug it back out, dash pad took a hell of a beating sitting all those years in that tin shed. I will check this from time to time and see if the new owner has any questions I have the 20-25 years of history to this car the guy in PA didn't really do anything other than take the new tires off it looks like. All The Best Jeff

Hello oldowner, welcome to the forum!:wav:
Thanks for the input...why not wander over to the welcome forum for the benefit of those not following this thread?

The only reason to put holes in the quarters is if you have something alive back there that needs to breathe. Maybe a former owner did animal rescue or sold pets at a flea market, who knows. But I would highly doubt the factory had anything to do with it.

I was very close to buying this charger kinda wish I did but to modify such a rare car would be a shame so I let it go to someone else so it would get preserved. I Did a bit of research on the holes they were factory drilled to make the car sportier looking for export (option I was told)and its deff one of one .
To the new owner have fun with it if you ever want to sell it let me know

Someone at the factory put holes in to make it sportier?? Was Homer Simpson working there at the time? Was it guaranteed to not let in any water?

I would like to see proof the factory had any thing to do with the ex wife in the trunk fresh air vents in the quarters, until then its pure speculation

Hello oldowner, welcome to the forum!:wav:
Thanks for the input...why not wander over to the welcome forum for the benefit of those not following this thread?

Thank You, I just was checking in to see if anything else had become of the car, Back to the holes, those holes were drilled with out a doubt, who did it we will never know, but the reason I believe they were drilled the sunroof rear drains I remember had a tube from the sunroof down to the rear outer wheel well where it the trunk floor extension meets the quarter, I assume they were there to help evaporation - mold prevention, that car did have a amazing trunk floor I remember somewhere I have some pictures of it before I sold it.

Auto Transport Service
Back