• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Super shifter in a 64?

Nice. Does the trans have e body mount, if so does it have a vin that ends in 5353? friend is looking for his trans. Made my shifter bulge a little tight, put a body plug to get at bolt.
1965 Dodge 003.JPG

I don’t plan on racing mine at the track but I want to have fun with it. Motor will be arojnd 650hp/650tq so I was kind of worried about keeping my feet intact if that clutch blew and hence why I mentioned wanting a scatter shield. I know it can be a bit of a b*tch with header install as well, or so I have heard. This is all new for me. I’m a young guy doing it all for the first time.

I don’t plan on racing mine at the track but I want to have fun with it. Motor will be arojnd 650hp/650tq so I was kind of worried about keeping my feet intact if that clutch blew and hence why I mentioned wanting a scatter shield. I know it can be a bit of a b*tch with header install as well, or so I have heard. This is all new for me. I’m a young guy doing it all for the first time.
If your thinking about TTI headers with a S shield I'd ask TTI if they fit. The flange around the perimeter of the shield might be a problem, anyone know for sure?

If your thinking about TTI headers with a S shield I'd ask TTI if they fit. The flange around the perimeter of the shield might be a problem, anyone know for sure?
Yes you may have clearance problems with the TTI headers . Had to cut a half moon on the lower edge due to a tube hitting . look to the right where the first black line is . not much cut out just a little bit. Thanks John
IMG_2512.JPG

I’m definitely going TTI 2 1/8” stepped headers. I have a set of Doug’s on my 383 (1 3/4”) now but they would be too small plus I had to ding them in a bunch to fit. Wasn’t happy with Doug’s. I’m not certain but I think TTI says they fit around a Lakewood scatter shield.

Steve looking around on the mopar websites I found a few pic's of Hurst shifters in 65 cars . First one is a super shifter with the mounting bracket that moves the shifter up and back looks like they cut the floor and covered it with metal and carpet . @nd one shows a comp shifter with the curved stick . Just thought you could see the diff. on the 2 installs .
1965-dodge-coronet-altered-wheelbase-afx-426-hemi-4-speed-a990-9.jpg
barret-mosure4.jpg

This is great to see! Thanks a lot!

Steve looking around on the mopar websites I found a few pic's of Hurst shifters in 65 cars . First one is a super shifter with the mounting bracket that moves the shifter up and back looks like they cut the floor and covered it with metal and carpet . @nd one shows a comp shifter with the curved stick . Just thought you could see the diff. on the 2 installs . View attachment 740548 View attachment 740549

I have the shifter out of the car in post #46 if your interested $300 plus the ride
shifter1.jpg
shifter2.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back