• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Super stock grill

Basoline

Local time
1:44 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know the trick of how to convert my original, 4 headlight grill into a superstock grill?

I have some spare grills, no spare headlight bezels though...

I believe they just used pieces from another grill to cover the headlight. That's why (if you look closely) those pieces don't fit properly

Yeah I know but maybe there's some 'golden rules' (do's and don'ts)...

Yea as far as I have heard they just cut a section out of another grille and used it. Maybe e-mail Mosher's and ask them if there is any tricks. Ron

The real deal

If tow grilles were put together you sure cant see it on a real 64 Hemi

mopp_0809_02_z+1964_hemi_plymouth_savoy+front_view.jpg

I can just barely see how they did it.........Nice work, and a mean look those boys got.

I long for the day of real style and class again. :grin:

That is an UNtouched original. Owned by the son's of the original owner in NJ

Well, i'm fortunate to have multiple grills so...there's some room for error. I mailed Bob Mosher but he doesn't respond (which I understand).The only thing I DONT have is some extra light bezels...hmmm

Well, i'm fortunate to have multiple grills so...there's some room for error. I mailed Bob Mosher but he doesn't respond (which I understand).The only thing I DONT have is some extra light bezels...hmmm

The 64 Plymouth S/S grille in the thread looks excellent, but the 1965 Dodge Coronet grille work's it a little different. Do you have pictures as guide....I would assume you do.

Basoline, If you have a problem getting bezels email me and I will help. I have sent parts to Sweden so its no big deal. Post cant be that much for two piece's of Alum.

Call King of Trim in or look up their website. They did Bill Goldbergs grill for his 65 s/s Cornet clone.

@62BT409: I don't have pictures for guidance.

@rlpagan: thanks! Liquid means are a little low now so I'll just wait until the end of the month or find a acceptable set on Ebay...and yes, prices vary...

Before cutting up good stuff, I want to be sure how to handle things and since all is made of aluminium, that's quite delicate...

Post this question over on moparstyle. I know old hippie dave has done a couple of these and may have pics.

i have a 64 savoy and i made a s/s grill for it and as far as im conserd it looks as good as any factory gill . chry. had so many guys makeing them no two look alike. it takes two grills to do it i took so many pic. of org.s/s grills and beleve me some wer pretty shaby if you look it the one in the pic. you can see were it is put together. id like to sell my 64 grill or make one to sell i have another grill to do so. hell if you want ill make one for you

65 Dodge

I knew I had it some ware, getting old sucks !

65dodgeSS.jpg

65dodgegrille.jpg

@daredevil: good plan!

@godfather: Cool. Send me pics anyway so I can post them on my blog. Always ok to share information.

@rlpagan: got 'm! Thanks!

Auto Transport Service
Back