• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Supposedly a 70 RT track pack car, any input on errors or value?

Here is some info describing the other numbers on your trans VIN pad:

Beginning with the 1968 model year (July 1, 1967), the main case has a small (3" by 7/8") raised, machined rectangular pad on the passenger side of the transmission, just above the casting number. Along with the vehicle's serial number stamped onto it, this pad will have a second line beginning with "PP833" followed by a 4-digit (10,000 day calendar) date code, such as "2264" (10-9-67) or "3055" (12-08-69) and sequential assembly number (405) for that day (pictured).

Screenshot_20220222-193931~3.png

http://www.brewersperformance.com/orderinfo.php

I can’t find this part of the build sheet, but I almost think the car might have had a factory 8 track player. It has the 3 speaker dash and both the current bezel and the old wood grain one found in the car are both 8 track I believe. I’m guessing the guy that had it since the 80s swapped the am/fm 8track with his AM radio from his roadrunner he supposedly had since high school. Per the last owner, he also tried to pull off selling the car with a random 23 spline rather than the original trans.

Was the 4 speaker dash an option?

Also, what is the driver seat out of? It’s a high back seat but has the latch on the back instead of the button. Clearly not original to the car.

EDCE3080-6509-494A-BDC2-78506546E53D.jpeg 0E895D6B-E2EE-47F3-BB34-CE7170D6A935.jpeg 6129B49A-2C3A-43BA-93EB-DC0BA71E546E.jpeg

Those center 2 are the defroster ducts.
Looks like a 72 up E body seat

Thanks. Still learning as I go: I would assume the 6 way track is good to go, I just need to get another 70 b body bucket seat.
Yeah, from what I recall the E and B body seats would interchange on the tracks. 6 way adj is trick, very cool and rare

No idea on price. I see them for stupid money and the guys pack them up and carry them home. I'd compare the 2 seats very closely as if the frame is the same, the cushions and covers will slide on.

No idea on price. I see them for stupid money and the guys pack them up and carry them home. I'd compare the 2 seats very closely as if the frame is the same, the cushions and covers will slide on.

unfortunately the 70 b body buckets have buttons to release the seat back forward and this other seat has a latch on the rear.

Found the only area of rust in the frame. Looks like I’ll be cutting this area out to patch. The rest of the rails look solid.

Anyone else seen rust in this spot? Seems like a strange area?

0C9FE79F-122B-4C1A-A077-1BDFBF28ED5C.jpeg EC0A5A93-8A39-440A-AD8C-83A15616B572.jpeg

That's where there are multiple layers of steel spotwelded together, so water works it's way in there and causes rust to push its way out.

That's where there are multiple layers of steel spotwelded together, so water works it's way in there and causes rust to push its way out.

I figured as much, I just haven’t seen it on my other b bodies I have had. I cut the top layer off that area to take a look. I will probably have to cut a bit more out to make sure the rusty part is removed before patching.

Auto Transport Service
Back