• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sure grip lubricant

I bought this:
https://www.kroon-oil.com/en/catalo...lassic-gear-oils/145/classic-gear-ls-90/1146/

I have not changed the oil yet, i wonder if i still would require to add a friction modifier?
It states it is specially formulated for limited slip differentials.
Mine is a '69 or '70 sure grip 8.75 rear axle, not sure if this is a clutch style or cone style?
Pretty sure that is a cone type. I don't think the "specially formulated" are really adequate for the Mopar limited slip units. That type lubricant seems good for the GM style.

I use the red-line gear oil, it already has the limited slip additive. Never needed to add more.
For Racing and street/strip, use the Shock-Proof gear oil. I contacted redline and asked if the shockproof is good for street/daily driving, and they said it was fine, but might need to change it more often?

Pretty sure that is a cone type. I don't think the "specially formulated" are really adequate for the Mopar limited slip units. That type lubricant seems good for the GM style.

Noted.
I already found a local source where i can buy the Mopar additive, i will get some of that to use it with the oil i bought.

Auto Transport Service
Back