• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sweeting the road runner

paladin06

Local time
5:24 AM
Reaction score
Well I finally got around to showing the road runner some love. Damn Hellcat bug has been killing me.

1. Having the correct brake master cylinder installed.
2. Have the period correct exhaust system installed (with impersonator mufflers). (new exhaust tips)
3. Replacing the thermostat.
4. Doug's headers installed.
5. Reparing oil leak at intake manifold.
6. Replacing plugs and plug wires.
7. Carb and timing adjustments

We been killing them at the car shows with best muscle car/best of show and best paint awards but, she did need a little love.

Good to hear the old girl is getting some love. New Hellcat's are built everyday.....They stopped making '69 roadrunner's 45 years ago

Good deal you're giving the Roadrunner some love! These classic muscle cars deserve it, and judging by what you said about your car show success is just proof for the point. I still get projects in mind for my '69 all the time, and cars like that always need some lovin'.

I recently read an article about a huge lot of abandoned cars. The author stated something at the end of the piece, and I loved the quote, which I'll share: "You're lucky to have your classic car, and it's lucky to have you."

I love that quote by Orwell.
Well I finally got around to showing the road runner some love. Damn Hellcat bug has been killing me.

1. Having the correct brake master cylinder installed.
2. Have the period correct exhaust system installed (with impersonator mufflers). (new exhaust tips)
3. Replacing the thermostat.
4. Doug's headers installed.
5. Reparing oil leak at intake manifold.
6. Replacing plugs and plug wires.
7. Carb and timing adjustments

We been killing them at the car shows with best muscle car/best of show and best paint awards but, she did need a little love.

Auto Transport Service
Back