• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Switch panel removal

69clone

Local time
6:28 PM
Reaction score
So I finally found the dang screw in the top left side on the panel but it still isn't coming out... :BangHead: I assumed it would come out enough now to unhook everything?

image.jpeg

Nevermind it I got it. One of the wires were snagged and wouldn't let it come out.

Last edited:
You'll need to unplug the harness wires first. There's not usually enough slack to pull the switch panel out with the wires attached.

I just did this two weeks ago. The lower dash pad shrinks and hugs the panel. I had it all disconnected with the dash also out of the car. It was the hardest part of dismantling the entire dash.

Thanks once I unplugged everything and prided the pad open enough I was able to wiggle it out. What a PITA I attempted doing this 2 years ago and gave up once I saw where the nuts were I had to get too. This time around I was determined and had already removed some of the stuff in the way.
My speedo quit working on me back 2 years ago it seems pretty simple to hopefully fix it looks like the needle popped out of the little hole so it won't return to 0mph. I'm guessing there's no way to really calibrate it my self. I tried looking online for a new one it appears you can't even get these non rallye speedos onlines... Hopefully I can find someone local to get it working.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back