• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Switching from single to dual master cylinder

My 66 was converted simply by ordering a brake line and valve kit from Finelines for a 1967 car

Last edited:
As already pointed out the distribution block provided in that kit really does not work as advertised.
Stupid design!
You would need to make or extend one of your existing front brake line to use it.
Seems after a few years they would have figured it out and got it correct. I like others
blocked the port to the rear in my stock 66 block and added a coupler between the kit supplied
front line to connect to my long line to the rear brakes.
If I run out of stuff to do I may grab a piece of brass and mill one out that's usable with the
ports pointing in the correct directions.
Dave

For my 63 SF vert, i bought a reconditioned set of calipers, discs, spindles from a 73 A body, which fit fine, and somewhat cheaper than a new kit. A dual MC also from the same era. Dual brake systems were mandatory from 68 I think, and I would not drive without a dual system.

Auto Transport Service
Back