• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

T-Mobile phone plan increases

GTXDAN

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:28 AM
Reaction score
For all you T-Mobile users this just came out.

T-Mobile customers: Your phone plan might change. Phone plans for some T-Mobile customers are about to get more costly. It’s been three years since T-Mobile merged with Sprint. To make that happen, the company pledged to not raise prices for three years, The Kansas City Star reported. The cellular giant, with one of its headquarters in Overland Park, Kansas, will force users on older plans to move to its latest options starting this week. Those plans are — you guessed it — more expensive. T-Mobile told CNET, a technology news site, it will send notices to users on its One, Simple Choice, Magenta and Magenta 55 Plus plans starting Oct. 17 to let them know their plans will change and that monthly pricing will go up starting with the November bill cycle. The T-Mobile corporate office did not immediately return McClatchy’s request for comment Monday afternoon. CNET reported customers can expect an increase of about $10 for each line (you can save $5 per line if you’re signed up for AutoPay). “We’re always looking for ways to give our customers more from our services so we’re moving a small number who were on older rate plans to newer plans that will deliver them enhanced features,” T-Mobile said in a statement to CNET. It’s not clear how many people it will affect or how long customers have to stop the switch. Verify This, a fact-checking website, reported a T-Mobile representative said they didn’t have a list of affected plans, but that customers would get a text and email. You’ll have to call their Customer Care support line at 1-800-937-8997 to avoid the plan change. “We haven’t yet reached out to the customers who will be moved to a new plan but those who are included will get all the details soon,” a spokesperson said in a statement to KTLA, a Los Angeles TV news station. “If they’d prefer not to move, they can choose to opt out and stay where they are by contacting us.” The company’s account on X, formerly known as Twitter, was full of replies to users trying to opt out of the account migration. T-Mobile pledged to keep current or better rate plans available for three years, according to the order released in November 2019 approving the merger from the Federal Communications Commission. The merger was finalized on April 1, 2020. T-Mobile’s Price Lock guarantee applies to accounts activated after April 28, 2022. For accounts activated before then, the company’s “Un-Contract” means T-Mobile will pay your final month’s service charge if they raised prices and you chose to leave — as long as you let them know within 60 days.

I use my phone so little I buy minutes. Probably $40.

Just called T-Mobile after reading this post. I've been 100% assured our Magenta 55 Plus plan will not be increased now or in the future when and if they do decide to make changes. Keep in mind I chose to first pay a locked flat rate - no taxes, no fees, no nothing save the flat rate - locked in forever. Then I discovered I could save another $10 for our plan if I did pay the taxes and fees the rate was actually cheaper. After several years of that there were tax and fee changes that I was subject to. Even tho our plan was still less than the previously flat lock - I called them and asked for my flat rate plan back from prior. No longer offered but because I'm such a great guy and T-Mobile does strive to pls you the best they can - they some how tucked me back in and it's as it was in the beginning. I did that because I thought something as you've noted above could happen and I would then be subjected to the increase. I was must assured on my acct I will never be forced to take an increase I don't want. Can't imagine one that I would (?). So I'm pretty confident we're good and part of the reason I'll likely always stay w/them.

Beyond that they further advised me the customer outcry was such that they heard it loud and clear and have backed off for the extended future of any changes for anyone. So peace in the valley continues.

Auto Transport Service
Back