• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

T56 6 speed clutch help

bigwedge1

Local time
8:26 AM
Reaction score
putting a viper six speed behing wedge motor. need to figure out how i am going to do the clutch linkage. I plan on going hydrolic. has any one done this before have search the internet without much luck

I really like the hydralich T/O bearing and master setup from Keisler. I've done quite a few of those. You could also piece together a McLeod setup, or buy one from Hurst Driveline Conversions.
I'm guessing you're using a Quicktime bell so the stock Viper stuff won't work?

What gears are you running?
My the SRT 10 has 4.11, and the Viper engine is only taching around 1,600 rpm at 80 mph.
I asked Keisler about a 6 speed, and was informed that unless your putting fuel injection on your motor, a carburated engine will have a hard with the 6th gear.

What gears are you running?
I asked Keisler about a 6 speed, and was informed that unless your putting fuel injection on your motor, a carburated engine will have a hard with the 6th gear.

What genius said that? And what reason could they give for it? I've personally driven a Chevelle with a 350 and one of their 6 speed conversions in it. Even the lowly 350 with a Holley didn't seem to care. IIRC, Feather Dusters had hwy gears and an overdrive which would pretty much equal out to the double OD of a 6 speed. They had carbs.

I would be more worried about working out the the tire diameter and rear gear ratio to complement the transmission and engine of choice.

i am doing a indy head fuel injected 500 wedge so all under the hood and 411 gears. i cant see not being able to pull 6th gear. i talked to keisler they siad they dont sell stuff for the t56 any more i am using a quik time bell housing

My dad has one in his 68 charger he used a compitition clutch stage two for his and he's running a 383 6-pack, I believe for the hydro he got the resiviour off the viper as well he says its just like a brake system set up. You'll just need to shave off some of the ears to get it to fit right.

Auto Transport Service
Back