• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tach Dash

Dobaroy

Local time
1:59 PM
Reaction score
Found a tach dash in a 300 and since the speedo clock is jammed up in our '79 Magnum, was thinking of getting it and putting it into our Magnum. Has anybody ever had success in doing a re and re on one of the tach dashs? Would the printed circuit have to come with the dash?

Found a tach dash in a 300 and since the speedo clock is jammed up in our '79 Magnum, was thinking of getting it and putting it into our Magnum. Has anybody ever had success in doing a re and re on one of the tach dashs? Would the printed circuit have to come with the dash?

Having the circuit board would be smart, the non-tach dash is a bit different.
38133890021_large.jpg

With out Tachometer:
Dash_PC_Board_-_non-Tach.jpg

With Tachometer:
Dash_PC_Board_-_with-Tach.jpg

Source:Moparfan

Some good information diagrams and info MAGNUM! Dobaroy, If your going to do this and have things torn down, I have a site that may have the white overlay gauge fronts if you would like white, instead of the black faces, prices are more then great and easy to do if its torn apart as MAGNUM's picture there is showing, just let me know and ill dig it up and post it for you. picture of my cluster with them on it.. before/after.. only a suggestion.. Good luck in this..

View attachment Picture 023 (Small) (Custom).jpg View attachment Picture 065 (Small) (Custom).jpg

Yeah, that guy advertises on my site too. He now has them
for the Police 140mph speedos also Black or white. :) And
yeah they're reasonably priced!

Thanks guys for the replies. Great info there Magnum GT XS. One thing that bothers me, is the wiring for the circuit board with the tach different than without? Yeah, I like those white face overlays, we have them on one of the other cars and just put a set on my wife's Dak and they look pretty good. We are up in Canada and the place we got them from in the US actually made the speedo up in Kilometers for us.

Thanks guys for the replies. Great info there Magnum GT XS. One thing that bothers me, is the wiring for the circuit board with the tach different than without?

Look closer, actually the wiring/plug is the same. Pin one on the bigger plug is not used
for the non-tach dash. Everything else is the same, the gauges are the only thing moved.
All you need to do is add the one wire for the tachometer.
Here is everything needed to do the change over. Don't forget the lens pod, it
is different too.

38133890021_large.jpg

____________________________ :sunny:

Thanks MAGNUM, You could have nailed me good for leaving a link, i didn't leave.. I swear i thought i did but proof in the proverbial pudding.. If ya old enough to remember the idiom...

Thanks Ron, that is the company we dealt with, real good dealing with them (just couldn't remember the name)
Thanks Magnum GT XS That is exactly the answer I was looking for . . . I get it now.

I found that they were very good to work with to, It was a lady that helped me and explained everything i needed to know! Mostly with the LED lights, ive heard so many good/bad, changing this or that or you cant use them and nothing to dash lights, just pull old, plug in new.. and NP, glad to help!

No have them?

Here is the link for you guys or anyone else, ive already been PM-ed about it from one guy so thought i would leave it for everyone interested..

Real interesting, tell you and not leave it for ya.. Sorry about that..

http://www.whitegauges.net/products/1971%252d1974-Dodge-Charger-White-Face-Gauges.html

I checked out your link and it doesn't seem to have them
for the Late B's? Only 74 and back. Here's the guy that
does have them for the Cordobas and Magnums!

Premium Dash Decals Magnum/Charger/Cordoba Instrument Cluster Restoration Parts!
Both Black and White Gauges for all types:
85mph dash
100mph dash
160kph dash
240kph dash
all with or with out tachometer
also for the 140 Police certified speedo

Sorry about that! I didn't and i guess should have checked to see if they had them.. i kind of wonder why they don't but sometimes as i found with mine, they are under another cars description, like the ones i got for my 73 Sat, for me to get them i had to get the same ones that sold for a 73 Charger.. I asked the lady why and told her if i wouldn't have called, i wouldn't have known and she said she was aware of it and was going to change it.. If the link you left is where you can get them ok, but maybe if you called them and told them what your looking for, could be the same deal.. but looks like your covered.. but again, i do apologize! And almost forgot, when i did receive them, i had mine AND the ones to do a Charger which i gave away to another member here.. who would think it! makes no sense running a business, thats for sure.

That's why our cars are called the Forgotten B's!?
(1975-1979) It's hard to find certain parts for these.
Nobody thinks about making parts for them

That's why our cars are called the Forgotten B's!?
(1975-1979) It's hard to find certain parts for these.
Nobody thinks about making parts for them

Possibly by some, But i am not among them, there Mopars and have a place with every other Mopar around... I understand some which includes myself have ones that are there favorite looking and performance cars. I hated the 73 when they came out and i was driving a 69 RR, Now i own a 73 that will stay until im gone and im not guessing at it, im certain of it. I want a 68-70 RR more then any car, i had them and want to own one of them again, but not to the point i would get rid of my 73 to get one.. I like the 71-74 Chargers also, these are my favorites, we all have them "the Forgotten B's!?" Could be, but i think its a personal kind of thought.. One i cant share because thats the way i feel about the Mopars, all have there place and it is a shame you cant get certain things because there is no "real" market to warrant reproducing them.. I think if ones a real car enthusiast then he/she will find a way, make it, buy used, improvise but not give up.. :edgy:

not to hijack this thread, but would anyone happen tohave the diagram for a 79 doba. The one above doesnt look anything like the back of my dash, atleast not the printed circuit board.

not to hijack this thread, but would anyone happen tohave the diagram for a 79 doba. The one above doesnt look anything like the back of my dash, atleast not the printed circuit board.

That's weird? It should be the same? Do you have any
pictures of your circuit board. Which dash do you have,
Tach dash or the Non-Tach dash? :edgy:

With out Tachometer:
Dash_PC_Board_-_non-Tach.jpg

With Tachometer:
Dash_PC_Board_-_with-Tach.jpg

No tach. But I do have a extra dash in the attic I will get down and snap a pic of it.

So that is a pic of the back of the dash, reverse. Mine is the same, Im a tard.

Thanks, This may help me figure out my high beam indicator problem. Have had the car since 96 and grandparents bought it new, and I have never seen it light up.

Auto Transport Service
Back