• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tachometer pod for factory gauge?

Ron_M

Local time
12:13 AM
Reaction score
Looking to see if anyone can recommend an available pod that can easily fit a factory tachometer? I would like to affix to the steering column. I am not looking to swap into my cluster at this time. Thanks in advance!`

Why not something like a Sun Super Tach that we would wrap onto the steering column ?

I already have the gauge and was wondering if there's a pod available. I could just add the tach and applicable gauges to my Satellite cluster, it's not that difficult, but I am seeing if there's an easier solution.

What year is the factory tach for ? I would think places like Jegs, Summit, Speedway would have something for your need

A section of large exhaust tubing may work. Just weld a back on, make a mount, and paint.
Mike

Could look at non working Tachs on eBay. I might have one or two since they aren't worth selling as is and I can't throw anything away, but I have no idea what you need without seeing it.

To put a factory tach in a 71-74 b body, you have to have the rallye guage cluster that has the temperature/fuel in one of the small guage pods,and alternator/oil pressure in the other small pod. If you have the rallye cluster with the fuel guage in the right side larger pod,that is where the tach goes so you cannot put the tach in that cluster.

IMO-

WAY "easier" to get the proper cluster and put the factory tach in the correct place.

Also WAY easier to use a readily available aftermarket tach in the pod that comes with it temporarily if you must have a tach today.

Auto Transport Service
Back