• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"tameless"

smokinwoody

Local time
4:14 AM
Reaction score
most of you may have seen the pics of my 63 Dodge 330...but I'll post away and hope not to bore anyone..

the Dodge is an original 330 MaxWedge 426 stage II that had a 3 speed on the floor..it was raced since new under the name "TAMELESS" here in the Chicago area..

The original owner bought this car thru Mr Norm's GrandSpaulding Dodge when new...TAMELESS had morphed many times from stock to a gasser always winning except one race...lost to a 64 Dodge 4dr that was a rare factory HEMI 4spd by only a nose...

as you will see in the pics the work that I have already done..plans are for a full cage in Chrome moly and I will drive it on the street..

I have a complete AlterKtion setup with Wilwood brakes for all 4..

the rear is a 9" with all Strange goodies...4-link suspension with Strange adjustables and Hypercoils..

I was planning on building a 572 wedge but have since changed my mind and now want to build a 572 HEMI with Hilborns with the long tubes..I do have a set of new Indy 572-13 heads that are ported for sale..

Picture083.gif

Picture088.gif

Picture109.gif

Picture107.gif

63dodgepassengerside.gif

cid_000a01c4c1105f0f923041e6fa3fs1100491074.gif

cid_000701c4c1105f0d484041e6fa3fs1100491074.gif

Picture105.gif

Picture082.gif

Awesome....Where did you learn the fabricating, from past projects?...I can weld a bit but usually melt holes in my shoes....

You need to get that bad boy done. :yes: Ron

Awesome....Where did you learn the fabricating, from past projects?...I can weld a bit but usually melt holes in my shoes....

thanks Gary..I was taught stick welding when I was a kid...what you see is MIG..I have gotten better since...what I need to do now is brush up on my TIG..

I have always fabricated especialy on jobs being an Electrician...so it came naturaly plus metal shops all throughout my High School days...

You need to get that bad boy done. :yes: Ron

you're right Ron...I do need to get it done...I ran out of money so Im selling the Duster and some trailers along with some new parts in order to get enough to build a HEMI for it...I have everything else

the 499 in the Duster would make it fly but I want to drive this one on the street and besides wouldnt a big ole HEMi with stack injectors look cool sticking out?

sorta like this...
hemi1.jpg

Depending if you are going to run a mechanical or /efi Hilborn I have the people and sources for anything you could need or want. All with about min of 30 years EXPIRENCE EACH.

The fuel and feeding system is always the stumbling point for all guys wanting to run a "Hilborn".

Garlits makes a neat "fake system" that is cool, works nicely, and is street friendly. Only a close inspection can tell it apart from the real thing. Or you could try the KB/ 4 webber setup if you could get it to flow enough for the stacks look..It would be the less expense of all.

FYI
the tube length adjusts the point where the torque comes/kicks in, longer = lower
hint: on the roll bar halo floor attachment points....add out riggers also from rocker boxes to frame ties

I was thinking converted Hilborns to electronic...

nice work on your chassis..

I do have outriggers and my halo will attach to them...mine are 2x4 tube steel..

Picture103.gif

Picture105.gif

most of you may have seen the pics of my 63 Dodge 330...but I'll post away and hope not to bore anyone..

I could never get bored looking at that car :wtg: :wtg:

thanks...perhaps this winter Ill get it out of the trailer and back on the lift..

always wanted to do a 65...those are cool..especialy altered wheelbase ones

JEEPERS!!!!!!!!!!!! (boy, that's an original exclamation)............:black_eye:

That car is gonna be outrageous.........:grin:

Would have been Nicer To Kept to Original as Much As Possible...(Just My HO)..

It Looks Like Youre doing great work But I like them As Original As Possible...My SS/DA Coronet Is a 1 of 1 Car.It is a Super Stock HEMI R/T..I do as little as possible to it to modify.I Keep EVERYTHING that came off of it..I Have owned it since '81..

SS

Would have been Nicer To Kept to Original as Much As Possible...(Just My HO)..

It Looks Like Youre doing great work But I like them As Original As Possible...My SS/DA Coronet Is a 1 of 1 Car.It is a Super Stock HEMI R/T..I do as little as possible to it to modify.I Keep EVERYTHING that came off of it..I Have owned it since '81..

SS

when I bought the car back in 98 it had been cut...the rear wells were badly done as mini tubs..cardboard with resin was used by the original owner..he also cut off the front frame rails and welded in 2x stock to support a straight axle..the rear portion of the shackle brackets are still there..he cut the inner front fender wells out and tossed them along with the original K member..after the "axle" rage was over he welded back in front frame rails from a 65 Dodge along with its K member..

and the interior was gutted when I bought it...so..I made the decision to build the car the way I wanted it...had all the stock wells and frame rails been still there i would have left the car intact...

I like it the way it is!! I have a 65 GTO in stock condition..

when I bought the car back in 98 it had been cut...the rear wells were badly done as mini tubs..cardboard with resin was used by the original owner..he also cut off the front frame rails and welded in 2x stock to support a straight axle..the rear portion of the shackle brackets are still there..he cut the inner front fender wells out and tossed them along with the original K member..after the "axle" rage was over he welded back in front frame rails from a 65 Dodge along with its K member..

and the interior was gutted when I bought it...so..I made the decision to build the car the way I wanted it...had all the stock wells and frame rails been still there i would have left the car intact...

I like it the way it is!! I have a 65 GTO in stock condition..

I Have Purchased a Few Cars the same way..It is just a shame that ABDUL THE BUTCHER had already been there...As I stated it looks as if you're going to MAKE IT RIGHT and straighten it all out..

Let us know when you get it finished bud..

SS

Auto Transport Service
Back