• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tampa, FL area here.

Willbgone

Local time
10:32 AM
Reaction score
Hey all. My name is Brian. I have a '67 Coronet that I'm trying to decide whether to fix or sell. I bought it at auction and was unfortunately led to believe the car was something that it is not. Here are some pics of what I'm working with. It's not horrible but not exactly what I thought I was getting either.

It has a 273 that he said was "hi performance" but is supposedly new. A Tremec 5speed was installed with a tach that doesn't read properly (either that or I'm hitting 5k RPM at 45mph). The tach effectively blocks the entire gauge unit which doesn't work anyway, and the door panels are cardboard inserts with no door handles. It does start and run nicely which is a plus, it just doesn't have much power. The paint has runs and drips all over it with some blotches added in for those blind people to appreciate my car when at a show.

Here it is in all its' glory.

Comments are appreciated.

P7080387.JPG

P7080388.JPG

P7080389.JPG

P7080390.JPG

P7080391.JPG

P7080392.JPG

P7080393.JPG

P7080394.JPG

Welcome from the other west coast. We have some relatives in Lutz. As far as your ride goes, its up to you on keep or sell. You are not the first person to get surprised when it shows up at your house. If you feel confident enough in your abilities, may want to enlist help from friends too with some time/material/labor barter, tackle it a section at a time. Start off with why it seems like a pooch, research the tach issue and go from there. Remember the saying, " How do you eat an Elephant? One bite at a time". Its that way for many of us. Learn as you go, learn from those with skills and knowledge, do lots of reading, buy a factory shop manual and any other publications about the b-bodies. If you are not comfortable tackling an issue but know someone who could, trade out your skills for theirs. Maybe you are a skilled woodworker, they are not, they need a deck or cabinets, you need wiring done, trade time.

Welcome from Michigan..... another 67 coronet is always welcomed!:thumbsup:

Welcome to FBBO Brian! Saw the listing for your Coronet on Bring a Trailer. It's still up on their site @ 273-Powered 1967 Dodge Coronet 440 5-Speed There are tons of detail photos included so it looks like the seller wasn't trying to hide anything. While the car has a good overall appearance, it's obvious that the quality of the work that's been done isn't top-notch, as you alluded to on the paint. One thing that jumped out at me is the brake/clutch pedal setup. That's kind of scary and would certainly take some getting used to! Hope you can get everything sorted out to your liking without busting the bank.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome from NJ. You couldn't of found a group of more knowledgeable people to help you along your way. Car looks nice good luck

Greetings from northern MI.

Other than possibly the paint, it seems like a solid car that just needs a little attention here and there. Lots of smart folk here than can help you out when the need arises.

Welcome from Missouri!!

Wow.

Clutch pedal added to auto trans brake pedal.

Neat car, though.

Should be pretty fun to drive and possibly get good MPG.

273 and AC is not terribly common.

A 5.9 Magnum swap would be fun.

Auto Transport Service
Back