• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tank spacer

How do you like the ricks tank, I emailed them when I was looking for a efi tank for my 67 coronet, but never got a response. Ended up going with Hot rod city garage. They make custom tanks. I was very pleased with it. I would have ordered one for my road runner, but already had a new tank and sending unit, before deciding to convert to efi. The Hot Rod City garage tank was almost to pretty to put under the car where no one will see it.View attachment 574383

View attachment 574384

I dealt with Hector at Rick's Tanks, first through an email and then when he called me to finalize the dimensions.
Most tank fabricators didn't have the specs and therefore didn't want to make one for a 63 Fury. Hector actually knew a guy with a 63 and stopped by his house to get a look at the stock tank. He then asked me to send him the stock tank strap so he could replicate it in S/S. Great customer service. I had him make the tank narrower because my springs are relocated 3" in and I run 2.5" tailpipes to the bumper. Not a lot of room for error. The tank came in on time and at the price he quoted. It fit like a glove. Like you said, a S/S tank is almost too pretty to hide under the car. I run dual FiTech throttle bodies on a crossram and the Walbro pump does a great job. I highly recommend Rick's Tanks in El Paso.

Got sone time today to work in the garage. Cut some 1/2" wedge shape spacers out or composite deck material and used some 3m double sided tape to stick them to the tank supports.
20180303_143323.jpg
20180303_143330.jpg

Re-installed the tank, was able to reuse the original tank straps and j bolts. There is now about 1/4" of space between the pump and tank floor.

Auto Transport Service
Back