• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tanks INC EFI fuel tank

cdr

Local time
12:41 AM
Reaction score
Warning EFI Tanks Inc , if you are making north of 600 hp, this fuel pump baffle/reservoir will empty at Wide open throttle & there are ONLY three 3/8 holes in the bottom of baffle to take in fuel to supply the pump, they are ONLY about .050 thousands off the bottom of the tank, well this explains all my fuel problems, I did do a fuel volume test before I took it apart & it confirmed this reservoir was running out of fuel, what REALLY sucks is now that the Charger will be fixed after 5 trips to the track, the TRACK is gone now GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR lots of wasted time & money FML
361311274_6469125329812788_1889007492736373338_n.jpg

Tell me more please. I have one of their tanks and upgraded pump for my coronet. They sell some strong pumps themselves.

Tell me more please. I have one of their tanks and upgraded pump for my coronet. They sell some strong pumps themselves.
I have been fighting starving for fuel on the big end, done many test & changes, I found this today, I have a long drill bit going to drill a bunch of holes in the sides of the baffle, will use a magnet to get all the metal out of the tank. I have the biggest baddest fuel pump they sell :)

cdr and I have been discussing this a bit. It seems there has been a design change in the tank somewhere along the way.

Newer ones have tubular inlets for the tub that are in an "L" shape so it can fill under g-force but not empty. (unless it splashes over the top of the tub).

also I had this same tank set up when I was running a carb, car was doing the same thing on the big end laying down !!!!!

Hmm, my tank is not new, I bought it unused from another guy. Can I tell which design I have from looking in the sender hole?

Hmm, my tank is not new, I bought it unused from another guy. Can I tell which design I have from looking in the sender hole?
all I have seen is the old one I have so I dont know, been looking online & have not found the new one yet

Interesting stuff...I wonder when they changed the design? We have one in our charger that is about 3 years old and we bought one for our superbee last year. The superbee is going to be 700hp, 5500 stall and 4.88s. Haven't had trouble on the Charger starving w about 550hp. Fastest I went in the charger w the stock tank and pickup was a 12.38 because it died as soon as I hit 3rd and coasted through the traps. Likely been kicked out with no rollbar if it would've not died.Lol Haven't been back to the track but no starving has occurred at our power level since the Tanks Inc was installed.
It would be good to know what's up before we install the tank in the Bee.

20230609_190154.jpg

Last edited:
I added some baffles made out of exhaust tube but at the bottom of the bucket you can see the tube which fills the bucket. There's another tube like that on the opposite side.

IMG_0351.jpg

Yeah, peek in there and you'll see if there's tubing or not.
Mine has two that enter on opposite sides of the baffled area. '68 Plymouth model.
I bought my tank in about Dec of '21, maybe that helps shed a little light for anyone looking for "when did they change" info.
20230724_062949.jpg

The half tubes slid in from the filler neck hole.

I held the tig torch with my fingertips through the same hole and used filler rod through the sender opening.

It wasn't easy. (which is why the welds aren't pretty)

Auto Transport Service
Back