• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Texas Car Collection Crushed!

This is what happens when some guy keeps saying "I'm gonna fix'er up son." ....one too many times.

Then he croaks.

That happened here where I live also. About 6 or 7 years ago a gentleman passed away with 5 acres of E bodies. His wife didn't want to deal with it and brought in a crusher.

Last edited:
A few keepers, but lots of junk. It does make you wonder what was in all the now empty spaces...

That happened here where I live. About 6 or 7 years ago a gentleman passed away with 5 acres of E bodies. His wife didn't want to deal with it and brought in a crusher.

WTF!! I'VE GOT CASH!!!
Baby-Sitting-Holding-Money-Shocked.jpg

Call an auctioneer, drag them out in a row, and let the bidding begin. It’s a sad day for the car world...

Even though some might be describes as just hulks, to have survived that long only to be crushed is a sad commentary.
Good steel.
Almost 100 years old some were.

Evidently, all these autos meant something to somebody and were a big part of his life. But, the wife and/or family just go out and trash... his treasures ? Why not do what he would've wanted ? Very disrespectful.

I’m sure they had absolutely no idea that there’s a wanton, drooling crowd out there like Bbodies that would’ve loved to scavenge their property. Or it’s entirely possible they didn’t want to call in the scavengers because they have enough money and just want the property cleaned up. Whatever the case like someone else said there must be a ton of smaller surviving pieces that would have made some people very happy to get. Whatever the case they’re all cubes now…..

Yep, sad but that seems to be the trend these days. I have seen several old relics sitting around and the owners won't sell or the price is so high it's never going to move but somehow they end up scrapped.
Wayne

Those Lincoln 2 drs would of been good project cars. Kind of sad to see.

That does it!... I'm headed to Texas just so I can poop on their porch!! :mad:

These were know by some folks and like a good fisherman they never give out the info of their honey hole. I have asked - and guess what - time ran out so good long to these.
One of the quazi mopar guys on Instagram from the area I follow I'm sure was in here as he posted getting out a car I'm sure was next to the 1963/64 Pontiac - convert I'm sure it was.
Not crying for this as I've shed to many tears over the years. I ran a yard with in a stones throw of Downtown Dallas in the area of what is know a hot spot for eats and such - Trinity Groves. The owner had passed and had it grandfathered - we ran it another 5 years until the city found out. Mostly 40's - 50's and 60's - GM-Ford and what sold. we had over a 1000 ars stacked 3 high in that place.

Auto Transport Service
Back