• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Texting..........

Dont get me started on the idiots texting to reply to my CL ads. Some are so mis-spelled, and incoherent, I dont even know what they are asking! "U stil got it?", from a strange number. Got What M-F-er?!!! What are you asking?!!!!! Then the "bottom-feeders" that text an offer for 50% of your asking price to see if you'll bite. Texting gives people the anonymity to act like ********.

When I sold my boat I took several pictures and some videos like a walk around and motor running etc made sure you could see all the features and prove they worked put it on youtube so any window shopper could get a real look at it from the comfort of their own home. well it worked, not only did I get what I was asking for the older couple who bought thanked me for NOT being one of those who say do not email or text in my add. I would never put my cell # on CL not even worded out to prevent the robo web spiders from getting it. If you are looking on CL for something you must assume that you have a computer and know how to use it or are tech savvy enough to make contact with a seller in a normal way like email or text. Otherwise you limit yourself to a small area. or your just really old and cranky and just won;t admit you can't work tech lol #lameattexting, #sausagefingers, #notatechie @oldfartswithmopars, @olddudeswhocantevenreadatext lmao >360°< (ovo) <---- = boobies lmao

scared-fear-man-463.jpg

This guys face when I texted him ^^^ haha

This weekend I received a call about a motor I had for sale on CL. The guy said he wanted it and was on his way (about an hour away). When he got close he called and asked for my address. He couldn't find his pen to write it down, so I said hold on Ill text you it.

The guy about had a stroke. " DO NOT TEXT ME!!!! I DO NOT TEXT!!!"

I proceeded to tell him that he will not have to respond, and that all he has to do is view the message to see my address. He again flipped out on me about texting.

He was so ignorant he pulled over at a gas station and purchased a $5 pack of pens. Upon his arrival I got the riot act on why texting is offensive blah blah blah.

I made sure to text him shortly after he left to wish him good luck with the motor and build lol.

Please refrain from blatant profanity

Last edited by a moderator:
There's plenty of things that I don't like about texting and I won't waste your or my time listing them all here, but one of the main things is that people that text automatically expect an immediate response, and if they don't get it they get pissed. Well you know what, F 'em. I'm that hard to get in touch with. Call me or email me. If I think it's important enough I'll call you back.
Amen brother! Why do texters think that everyone does it? I can recieve but choose not to send. Craigslist has a e-mail responce link - why not use it? If you can't give me a call instead of text--it must not be very important. TEXTING IS EVIL !!!!! 8-) ..................MO

Not only do I not text, but I have stopped carrying the cell phone except if I am traveling. 99.99% of the time I am somewhere on the farm and if some one needs me they can come find me or wait until I get back to the house. The world seems to get along just fine even if I am not in constant contact.

I do sell parts and cars personally myself on various venues such as craigslist. But in all my listing I clearly state that I will not respond to texts. My experience is the ones that text are the tire kickers and semi interested. I used to offer texting but I would get bombarded tons of texts, set up times for people to meet with me and they would not show up. In my actual listing I only offer a phone number, no email. I have found that the ones that are truly interested will call. The tire kickers seem to be more intimidated as they can't hide behind the key board on the their phone. When I do sell an item I also print out a copy of the listing and have the buyer sign it. As all my listings state item is "sold as is"

James

I have guys i work for and at times they will send me a text that has to do with business. The thing is there phone is constantly ringing so a text is easier. Other than that i may use it for one of the kids but thats it. I heard some guys cheating on the wife got busted because of a text.

I never respond to a text. Got questions?....call. Want pictures?... email. Ya can't see squat on a phone anyways.

Hashtag #(you guys will be the first to get eaten by the zombie apocalypse) cuz you couldn't text your location for help lmao @peepswhocanttext #failedtexter #brianstastegood

@olddudes, Die already so the rest of us can grab your mopars at half price! lol #notfunny

Sent from my Ibrian year = 2025

I have an older phone and it's a pita to have a conversation via text unless it's just to say ok so I don't.

I've had 'em sit in my driveway and blow their horns. I don't answer the door either. Back to subject. I can do or not with texting. If they don't want any text messages, than they will have to state a way to contact them.

Yea me to last time somebody did that in my driveway got some buckshot in his grill. There is more to the story though

My phone has had text disabled. I do not wish to receive text messages. If you wish to contact me, CALL me.

Hashtag #(you guys will be the first to get eaten by the zombie apocalypse) cuz you couldn't text your location for help lmao @peepswhocanttext #failedtexter #brianstastegood

@olddudes, Die already so the rest of us can grab your mopars at half price! lol #notfunny

WTF? Anyways....most of us old dudes won't be looking for help, just targets[more people=more people to care for]. Also, these cars won't be worth more than shelter in a few years. We're headed for a great big ol depression....then, come your zombies/targets.

Yea me to last time somebody did that in my driveway got some buckshot in his grill. There is more to the story though

That is a good way to catch a felony case. Why would you post something so ignorant? I hope he contacted local law enforcement immediately!

lmao buckshot in the grill lol @roger63 funny **** right there, cops probably didn't think so #mikemyers #texaschainsaw #nocountryforoldmen #theoldandthefuriest

:ufo:

The best thing about texting is some one cant say that they never said something when you have a record of it. Also it is good to be able to look back and find info when you have forgotten it. The over 50s like me will like this one. I have even texted my self lists instead of righting things down.

Nah, still too hard. I e-mail or leave myself voice messages to remind myself.:confused3:

- - - Updated - - -

I have heard you guys like to butt f@ck each other up there in the bay area Bigman but I always thought you at least spoke english. Maybe you are truly from an alien race, here to steal B-Bodies.

Watch him boys.

I still cant figure why anyone would buy a phone to type, its a phone, dial number...talk! lol, My opinion that will not wonder away to understanding of.... lol :)

Auto Transport Service
Back