• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Textured refinishing Dash and steering columns

Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeoil24

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:12 AM
Reaction score
If any of you out their needs help with textured refinishing of dash boards or steering columns. I have a plentiful supply of ingredients left over to do a updated treatment using Urethane products instead of the old lacquer methods. I would be glad to offer help on this subject and look to sell the remaining PPG Automotive paint supplies i have left overfor this purpose at my cost so it does not go to waste. This includes the base coat, texture additive and matt Finish clear coat 2 part system.

dbc base and texture additive.jpg

ppg matt clear.jpg

Last edited:
I'm guessing the texture additive is a powder, correct? Where did you find the mix ratio, additive to paint ??

I'm guessing the texture additive is a powder, correct? Where did you find the mix ratio, additive to paint ??

Yes 10 percent by weight of powder in rts

Pre was clean pre sand to 400 2 coats epoxy black then 2 coats fla black ppg mixed with powder then 3 coats matt cleR from ppg with hardener all from ppg web site

Wondering if you could just put the additive into single stage satin, semi-gloss or “hot rod” black ??

Well you spent $400 on supplies so I’d say its worth a shot.

If any of you out their needs help with textured refinishing of dash boards or steering columns. I have a plentiful supply of ingredients left over to do a updated treatment using Urethane products instead of the old lacquer methods. I would be glad to offer help on this subject and look to sell the remaining PPG Automotive paint supplies i have left overfor this purpose at my cost so it does not go to waste. This includes the base coat, texture additive and matt Finish clear coat 2 part system.

View attachment 1566424

View attachment 1566425
Oh man, you need to place this in the classifieds!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back