• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thank you double quote

dryheat

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:58 AM
Reaction score
I get tired of searching eBay for items for my car and end up with results for items that are not even close to working on my car. For example I type in 1964 Polara and end up with items like post cards, calendars, and every piece of inane bling imaginable because the seller says it Fits a 1964 Polara.

Try this ... use a double quote around your search terms ... "1964 Polara" ... sooooooooo much better. Using the quote instructs the search engine to find EXACT matches of the text.

P.S. This works on almost any search engine too.

End of rant.

Good idea - but it may depend on the search engine too

Also - 1964+polara may also help, that "usually" means that both 1964 and polara must be present in the text . . .

Most search engines will define "how" different things work and steer you to the best use of their search engines . . .

Helpful hint to keep in mind . . . Thanks for sharing !

add...

-fits

to your search and you won't be limited to the literal term a quote binds you to.

It will weed out all the stuff that "fits", but still let through legitimate hits.

The only caveat is that it could also weed out 63 and 65 stuff that's listed as "also fits 64".

I found that using the word "used" in front of, works good on parts like body and interior. Also some engine parts.

I feel your pain too. Hell, you get neon lights, zebra skin seat covers, all kinds of stupid stuff that "fits" your car. Some of these vendors have gotten pretty smart over the years. I'm going to try the " "...

Auto Transport Service
Back