• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 15 Greatest Movie Car Chases

The original cannonball.
Not the cannonball run series

Gene Hackman flick is probably The French Connection
I think it was Chicago where it took place too
he's a cop trying to get the goods on an Italian (IIRC) Heroin dealer
French Connection was filmed in NYC. Chase scene was filmed in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC. Great chase movie.

1970s Police Story car chase compilation

At 4:00, the Pontiac Police car becomes a Dodge, then returns to being a Pontiac again...
Still fun to watch.

Some 70s cop show funk music.
By the Mother Funkers band!
Good chase theme

Last edited:
These are all great, but I must say I have a particular affinity for the Bullet chase ... McQueen’s Mustang vs. the sinister black Dodge Charger.

Play each of them when you're bored or need to get away from Schiff and Pelosi, ANTIFA, BLM and the MSM liars.

The 15 Greatest Movie Car Chases
I totally disagree with that Writer of the article and his Opinion in that article.
-Missed "Kowalski"
Vanishing Point 1971
And my FAV...the ORIGINAL, not the Nicholas Cage crap"
Gone in 60 Seconds (Eleanor was and always will be a 1973 Ginger Mustang fastback.
Check out that Car Chase!

NOTE:
Gone in 60 seconds is a 1974 American action film written, directed, produced by, and starring H. B. Halicki. The film centers on a group of car thieves and the 48 cars they must steal in a matter of days. It is known for having wrecked and destroyed 93 cars in a 40-minute car chase scene, one of the longest in film history.

th.jpeg

-

French Connection was filmed in NYC. Chase scene was filmed in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC. Great chase movie.
yeah for some reason I didn't remember that
I thought it looked like the elevated train in/above Chicago (Chiraq) streets,
MY BAD :lowdown:

yeah for some reason I didn't remember that
I thought it looked like the elevated train in/above Chicago (Chiraq) streets,
MY BAD :lowdown:
It's very easy to get those crappy cities confused. I spent my first 31 yrs. in NYC and couldn't wait to escape. That happened in 1978 when my job and my family relocated to Conn. and 10 years later moved here to Az.

The Gumball Rally.

Having personally participated in the 1983 Four Ball Rally (In a Mopar even), I found it was a fair representation of my experience and was still entertaining. I have never seen the original Cannonball movie mentioned previously, but will search to see if I can find a copy of it.

Mr. Billion (1977)

Check at 1 minute.

Predates Dukes of Hazzard by 2 years, they stole this car chase, and paint!

That's a fugly *** Mustang... ^^^ corny flick
I like the Pinto & Courier at the beginning...

Auto Transport Service
Back