• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Beginnings of My Shop Build

Good to see you building a shop to work in @ykf7b0 - you will appreciate the space, and learn to live with the size you have. :thumbsup:

Remember this - a bigger shop = more space for more unnecessary stuff.

Good to see you building a shop to work in @ykf7b0 - you will appreciate the space, and learn to live with the size you have. :thumbsup:

Remember this - a bigger shop = more space for more unnecessary stuff.

What is this "Unnecessary Stuff"?

I got my floors poured last week but still have a 20x20 slab out front that might get finished this week. Trusses soon to follow hopefully.

IMG_0432.jpg

'Concrete work is done", are you holding off on pouring the other side? I assure you, you going want that done, if not now, you will in the future. May I urge you extend your roof and cover all your slab. It will keep your rollup/panel doors from leaking rain water into the shop and you will be shocked at how much work you will prefer to do out side under the covered area. I have built three shops and trust me when I say the older you get the more natural light we like. A great shop in progress and much enjoyment coming, best wishes.

'Concrete work is done", are you holding off on pouring the other side? I assure you, you going want that done, if not now, you will in the future. May I urge you extend your roof and cover all your slab. It will keep your rollup/panel doors from leaking rain water into the shop and you will be shocked at how much work you will prefer to do out side under the covered area. I have built three shops and trust me when I say the older you get the more natural light we like. A great shop in progress and much enjoyment coming, best wishes.
. Thanks! The right side of the shop is for storing my 69 roadrunner and 55 Chevy and I don’t have plans right now to concrete out front on that side at this point. I had originally planned to put gravel on the inside of the roadrunner and 55 storage side but changed my mind on that. The front of the shop will be getting a rain gutter but just might get a “front porch roof” later on.

The trusses are up and waiting for the metal to arrive.
upload_2022-5-23_19-56-47.jpeg

Exterior metal is complete. Now waiting for 10 foot and 18 foot sectional doors.
IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

Sectional roll up doors installed. I wanted windows in the 18 foot door on the right but it was going to be at least 7 months before it came in. Electricity is next.
1654168035111.jpeg

The girls in their resting place
1654475030778.jpeg

I finally got electricity and have begun moving in.

shop.jpg

shop 2.jpg

shop 3.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back