• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The best car photo ever and why you like it.

I grew up seeing those airbrush type paint jobs on Vans. My Dad sold new cars from around 1970 to 1995. In the 70s, vans were hugely popular.
As we age, we sometimes are drawn to what we loved when we were young.
I love seeing slotted mags, side pipes, wild paint jobs and other old style custom stuff.
Different times back then, really no forward thinking in regards to future value of the cars we collect today. My dad’s parents purchased him a brand new 1969 Bee off the lot when he was a senior in high school and within weeks he had it custom painted…for $300 lol. Long story short I grew up with the stories, and pictures of his car. We loved talking about it, unfortunately like many from that generation, poor choices, lifestyle and now older he took his own life three years ago. I had the opportunity since his passing to buy my 68’ and within a year…a very long year, recreate his car as a tribute and more so therapy. Glad people enjoy seeing the throwback to the best era of vintage muscle…

View attachment 1378793There are no words other than the Pure art of speed
1698687070549.png

1698690348801.png

1969 GTX HEMI Automatic convertible....one of 6 built(per GG's little white book)....pulling the front wheels and crackin off 10 sec quarter miles at KCIR raceway in Kansas City, MO...

A lot of people did not know this car ever existed until I posted this very same pic on another message board. The actual owner of the car even responded to the posting verifiying he still did own this car. That same car is still owned by the same person today.

The Lisk Challenger, because it's pure badass! I was 13 years old in 1976 when the article came out in Car and Driver with this picture and convinced me that I needed to drive Mopars.

View attachment 1204066
I watched that car being built. I was making payments on my first hemi, to Mike Fons...at Motown Muscle. I thought it was gonna be a dragcar, and only made small talk a couple times to Steve. Little did I know....
I also went with friends to the Nugget restaurant on Thursday nights, to see all the heavy hitters that raced on 696 [Lisk showed on occasion]. Those were great times, in a great time.

Last edited:
View attachment 1548356
1969 GTX HEMI Automatic convertible....one of 6 built(per GG's little white book)....pulling the front wheels and crackin off 10 sec quarter miles at KCIR raceway in Kansas City, MO...

A lot of people did not know this car ever existed until I posted this very same pic on another message board. The actual owner of the car even responded to the posting verifiying he still did own this car. That same car is still owned by the same person today.
Was that his Moms car when bought new? I believe I’ve read a few a articles about that car if it’s the same one. And if I’m not mistaken, the mom is the one who raced it.

The current owner's father special ordered the car back in 1968. After his father passed, the car went to his son who still owns it to this day.

I kind of like this one. Wasn't worried about getting smoke on the build sheets or rubber on the quarter panels. This was on the highway and if people were driving along that road, well they just had to slowdown to get through the smoke. Beats sitting at a car show bragging about "one of" any day. We drove Mopars because we were rebels and it was fun.
I like the one at camp too. The headlight bezels are off because I was lining up the halogen headlights. After a week at camp I'd run the 100 miles back home at a rapid clip about 2AM. With the 3.23 cogs it was a trip I would regularly make in under an hour and good headlights were necessary to see moose in time at those speeds.

DSC00084.JPG

cha17.JPG

Beats sitting at a car show bragging about "one of" any day. We drove Mopars because we were rebels and it was fun.
Yep, a lot of people have lost the real love and joy of these cars. It’s all about numbers, how much did you spend, what’s the total production numbers, does it have original air in the tires. Oh I can’t drive it because or that or whatever reason:jackoff:

Dang...look at the negative camber on the LF wheel!

1698778091758.png

My brothers Challenger before he passed in 2010.

P1010051.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back