• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The best car photo ever and why you like it.

Some people carry a spare tire,and some tools,and maybe keep an extra ballast resister in the glove box. This guy carries a spare body, because you never know when you might need one!
Haha yep the struggle is real. Try sitting on the side of the road with the t bar sockets ripped out and leafsprings punched into the trunk lid...seriously, what are your options??

The Lisk Challenger, because it's pure badass! I was 13 years old in 1976 when the article came out in Car and Driver with this picture and convinced me that I needed to drive Mopars.

Lisk Challenger.jpg

The Lisk Challenger, because it's pure badass! I was 13 years old in 1976 when the article came out in Car and Driver with this picture and convinced me that I needed to drive Mopars.

View attachment 1204066
I remember that, and Ruggiero's (spelling?] mustang II, with the stroked 460, (525 or so, mammoth at the time). Both street cars in the tens, (or were they faster?) Incredibly fast!

View attachment 1204066

Yeah... that was kool! One of the first Pro Street cars that set off almost two decades of copies. The original feature in Hot Rod was in black and white. I didn’t know the car was red with a white top!
9B9BDF26-70F8-4B88-BEEF-CD3A325072DC.jpeg

I remember that, and Ruggiero's (spelling?] mustang II, with the stroked 460, (525 or so, mammoth at the time). Both street cars in the tens, (or were they faster?) Incredibly fast!

I read somewhere that he built the Mustang to take on the Challenger. The day of the race the Challenger’s Hemi was sick. Not sure if they ever rescheduled!:)

Here is my favorite photo of my own car. Taken while I was "exercising" it at a private gathering on a remote road.

IMG_3215.jpg

Back when they were just cool cars.
Today....still cool. Just a lot more expensive.
My future wife on the wing of the same car that sold at Mecum this weekend

20220116_095324.jpg 20220116_095245.jpg

20220116_095324.jpg

Last edited:
Same hottie.. some 30 years later.
Different era. Different car. But both just make me smile.

20210420_202538.jpg

Pics? What is this? 1993? How barbaric! Quick walk around vids is the now. (30 sec or less. Our attention span is still short.)

Auto Transport Service
Back