• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The best car photo ever and why you like it.

brucetomme68bee.jpg

I used to have hair....and a Super Bee.
(Notice no front tag? I was giving the VA state police the bird even in those days...)

Very cool. And what looks like a real T/A Challenger too? Neat!
Yes sir, that it is. My friend bought that from a neighbor a block over. He used to ride his bike by their house
every day on his paper route and vowed at a young age to own it someday...and some years later, he did!
I wanna say he paid like $2650 for it.
He is the main reason I got into Mopars, in fact - he came flying up behind me in that thing one day when we
both were skipping out of high school at lunch to go eat at a local mall.
I saw that thing zoom up behind me with my friend behind the wheel, wearing shades and looking all tough...
didn't recognize him or the car and I got ticked off he was tailgating me, so I pulled over real quick to
confront....and then died laughing when the discovery was made. :)
I went to a show or two with him and was hooked. The Super Bee ($2200) was procured shortly after.

My guess is the doofus in the yellow T-Shirt either didn't own a car or was driving his daddies Cady on the right.
That "doofus" is the owner of the Challenger T/A (which he still owns today, 40+ years later) - and my friend that
got me into Mopars that I told the story about above.
"Cool breeze" leaning on my 'Bee's fender is the carless one in that pic.

That "doofus" is the owner of the Challenger T/A (which he still owns today, 40+ years later) - and my friend that
:rofl:
Still, I bet he even admits he looks like a doofus in that pic.
"Cool Breeze"....LMAO.
What about you, Joe Fashion Model looking away into the distance.
As I stated in another thread where you posted that pic, we were all so damned cool back in those days.

Still, I bet he even admits he looks like a doofus in that pic.
"Cool Breeze"....LMAO.
What about you, Joe Fashion Model looking away into the distance.
As I stated in another thread where you posted that pic, we were all so damned cool back in those days.
Ah, to be under 20 again.....this was around 1980.
Obviously only one of us was familiar with cameras with timers on them (Cool Breeze boy).
I'm distracted by something (probably female) and yellow shirt is distracted by the rest of the group
we've just travelled to meet for a Mopar meet, I believe in PA?

How cool that he held on to his T/A Challenger all those years. Not only is it a valuable and super cool car, but I bet it now has some great family memories too!

How cool that he held on to his T/A Challenger all those years. Not only is it a valuable and super cool car, but I bet it now has some great family memories too!
Well, actually it's sat in his garage for some decades now - and I suppose I could be seen as partly to
blame for that, since I was his "Mopar buddy" - but I moved out of that area and down here in 1995.

I've tried a few times to talk him into doing something with it (and I'm sure he will, one day) - but his
career, motorcycles, family and marriage all put the T/A on the back burner.
It really needs little - the engine (matching #) had just been rebuilt and ran stout, as had the 727.
The usual gas tank issues, along with some cosmetics (light at that - I'd shine up what it has, it's
mostly original) and of course going through those God-forsaken Holleys and that critter would be
ready to rock again.
I might just show up on him one day.... :)

AEDFA5E8-B8C0-4004-8C00-BE490FC0DE34.jpeg

This photo of my car was taken by my friend Tom Ford. He is a professional photographer. He superimposed my car onto some cool backgrounds and this is one of them.
2E651EEF-FD0D-4A98-823C-C6CB40E0AFB6.png

This shows me racing my car at Atco. A friend in the stands took the photo.
F526B727-5FDB-420E-830A-8B3621C57544.png

Another photo from Atco.

Last edited:
this is one of my favorites because it has
my beloved & now departed (RIP) Lord Budnicks in it

68 RR #16 Driveway front ds Apr 26 2011 Buddy #1.JPG

& this one right after paint, it was Ultra Black for like 12 years prior
1st time in the sun out of the garage, new org. LL1 Surf Turquoise Metallic Paint
unfortunately, mid-day sun too
68 RR LL1 10-29-2017 #4a PS frt.JPG

The first one is my Mom who just celebrated her 82nd birthday. The next one is my grandson who will be 3 in a few days and probably own the Coronet one day.
1-Mom by the Coronet.jpg
1-IMG_9975.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back