• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Bible

1967coronet440

Local time
1:47 AM
Reaction score
found this series on Netflix called “the Bible” highly recommend if you haven’t seen it.

found this series on Netflix called “the Bible” highly recommend if you haven’t seen it.
I had a lady friend I d been talking to watch it on her own.she still hasn’t made him the Lord of her life,but she knows she doesn’t have peace.So she’s better off than most of u!

do you ever wonder why they took that and others out of the bible?
if you read it,it sounds much like a scifi story..a wild story of giants and angels.
except that hes mentioned in other places in the bible.

do you ever wonder why they took that and others out of the bible?
if you read it,it sounds much like a scifi story..a wild story of giants and angels.
except that hes mentioned in other places in the bible.
First I will say that I'm a Christian (just got back from church). I have made a point over the last 10 yrs. to visit a WIDE range of Christian churches (+ studied Judaism, Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism a little, etc.) just to get an idea of what is the same & what is different between the various religions. I've made a point to have a discussion with the priest, reverend, pastor, etc. to ask some very direct questions about their faith after services. Here are a few things I've learned...sorry for the mistakes since I wouldn't call myself an expert.
1. Catholics were the first Christians. The Catholic church has split a few times (orthodox, kopts, etc.).
2. The big split from the Catholic church was the reformation with Martin Luther (Lutherans were the first Protestants). The Protestant church has split A BUNCH of times... Baptist, Presbyterian, Episcopalian, etc, etc, etc)
3. A Catholic priest told me that before the Catholic Bible, there were a lot of different people teaching a lot of different ways. The Catholic church wanted to come up with a unified message so that all Catholics were taught the same. It was either the Council of Trent or Vatican I (??) and the Catholic leaders looked at all the different "books"..... this one is in the Bible, that one is out of the Bible to come up with the Catholic Bible. He said that they looked at what each text had in it & decided if it "fit Biblically" with known information or was "unsubstantiated". Some books didn't make the cut. Also, other texts were written afterwards.....book of Mary, book of Judas..... the nostic texts.
4. Martin Luther split from the Catholic church because of some corrupt Popes/high-level officials. At that time, he felt that ONLY the Jews had the right to decide what was in the Old Testament (the Torah basically) & removed 9 books from the Catholic Bible to create the first Lutheran (Protestant) Bible.

ANYONE PLEASE JUMP IN AND CORRECT ME WHERE I'M WRONG.

What I've noticed as the differences between the Protestant faiths is that it seems that different denominations have selected certain parts of the Bible to emphasize a little more than others, but basically, all the denominations are the same (including Catholics).
Baptists don't drink, but Catholics do.....basically pretty close though. I know a lot of other small differences for the various denominations, but I'm drawing a blank right now.

Yeah, so much for rules against religious/political posts.:rolleyes:

Most all religions are selling works.If there wasn't any bad news there wouldn't be any need for the 'good bee's which is Christ.Your argument is with God's word my Moparguy59

The question has been asked before can we have a religious form. Just might be better for us than the blue room.

Auto Transport Service
Back