• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the big loser

Ray7

Local time
6:59 PM
Reaction score
Yea, In 68 I had a new charger R/T when i got married i traded it in on apieceofjunk. It wasmy dream car less the hemi,asit was to cover lots of ground. Dark forest green two white strips in back ,black vinyl roof440 and a 4 speed posi.in ct. ok so as if that was not bad enough, a few years later i bought a 71 challenger R/T less motor and trans out of south dakota i believe. So a 4speed and a 440 rebuilt correctly as i had learned many years befour how to do it right and at thesametimme i purchased a 77 monaco ex pllice car out of FL boughtin springfield mass and proceeded to rebuind that, 440 30over rebuilt 3 speed auto ,springs etc. so then we desided to build a home on the maine coast and i sold thouse two just before the price started going up, get the pickure? Now i am 76 and i yearn for a 440 in any car witha 4 speed and guess what ,I cannot begine to afford one and that even though i have a motor, trans , and a posi rear end and a shifter( hurst) side markers for a challenger and a grill, complete, for a 71. any body got one they could sell me cheap? Ihave donemy part as i have provided 3 great cars for others, anybody take pity on a fool? Ray

I guess it doesnt hurt to wish. Weve all had nice cars and moved them on.

Life goes on.

Once you get away from 1968-71, cars cheapen up a bunch. They are all great. 1968 Barracuda or Dart, both sharp cars and easily rodded. There are many B Bodies before 68 out there, in many different conditions and price ranges.
You only need one. Keep looking and asking, don't get in rush, and keep saving while you look.

Yea, In 68 I had a new charger R/T when i got married i traded it in on apieceofjunk. It wasmy dream car less the hemi,asit was to cover lots of ground. Dark forest green two white strips in back ,black vinyl roof440 and a 4 speed posi.in ct. ok so as if that was not bad enough, a few years later i bought a 71 challenger R/T less motor and trans out of south dakota i believe. So a 4speed and a 440 rebuilt correctly as i had learned many years befour how to do it right and at thesametimme i purchased a 77 monaco ex pllice car out of FL boughtin springfield mass and proceeded to rebuind that, 440 30over rebuilt 3 speed auto ,springs etc. so then we desided to build a home on the maine coast and i sold thouse two just before the price started going up, get the pickure? Now i am 76 and i yearn for a 440 in any car witha 4 speed and guess what ,I cannot begine to afford one and that even though i have a motor, trans , and a posi rear end and a shifter( hurst) side markers for a challenger and a grill, complete, for a 71. any body got one they could sell me cheap? Ihave donemy part as i have provided 3 great cars for others, anybody take pity on a fool? Ray
Some people might consider a C body, but, parts may not be that available. It's just a suggestion, they don't call them C barges for nothing. Actually i always liked the c body cop cars. I don't care if they are 4 doors. In fact i remember a show where a guy had a four door '70 Plymouth belvedere with a 440, ( b body)and a 4 speed. I thought it was the coolest car, but i like the weird mopar stuff. I can't afford a muscle car, i'm just happy to have anything mopar. Hot motors don't discriminate the number of doors a car has.

Last edited:
Ray, as I read your post it looks like you are looking for a 71 Challenger roller to fix up. Correct ?Just checking that I understand.
If so, and I'm sure you know this,a 71 Challenger is a E body and there is a "Bodies" site for those.
No problem posting a wanted ad on all the Bodies sites, Just trying to be helpful.

Auto Transport Service
Back