• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Carlisle 2021 thread

I'll be there to grace everybody with my presence.
Boy, both Pat and RC!!! We'll have to practice genuflecting in your presence! :p

I will be at the tent at Saturday noon!
Great to have you at the lunch - welcome!

Let me know when the first credentials arrive in the mail from Carlisle Events for participants. Flying out the 22nd. Need them before then. Thanks.
Dennis, I assume you'll join us for lunch on the 22nd?

Boy, both Pat and RC!!! We'll have to practice genuflecting in your presence! :p

You have 5 weeks to practice.

tenor.gif

By my count, I have at least 45 members of this site who will be attending the Carlisle event. I know that some will be attending as spectators while others will be showing a car and some will be involved with the swap meet. Considering that this is our third year of doing this, we are showing good growth and involvement.

If I have missed anyone from the registry, please let me know if you would like to be listed. For those who are listed and once you receive your registration number, I can post that information if you like. The more involvement and support that we are able to generate will only make the event better while also making this site stronger as well.

I believe that we can really start to be a presence within the club tents based on where we are at now. Thanks to everyone who have registered under the FBBO name.

So here is my listing as of today. I would like to pass the 50 mark as that would be roughly a 100% increase over our first year and 2020 was impacted with Covid. The border issues is still a factor which hopefully can be resolved in the near future, but doubtful before the event happens.

@bad88ttop, Show Field in the area of the 70 Charger Registry Tent
@Bbodycomeback
@B Body Newbie, Show Field, 69 Dart GTS
@Chipstar, Chip, Show Field, 62 Plymouth Fury Convertible
@crash89, Pat, Show Field, stock, 69 B5 Road Runner with black hood stripes.
@DAVID S WALKER
@Dennis H, Show Field, 09 Challenger
@devinism
@dmoore
@Dodge33, Jeff, Swap Meet, Spots O125-127, Bringing a wide selection of sheet metal, frame rails and other miscellaneous pieces.
@Don Frelier, Don, Show Field, 66 Plymouth Satellite, Black with Metallic Red Interior; 93 Dodge Dakota LE, green and tan, V8 swap
@dual fours
@flatiron44
@FU64RY, Steve, Swap Meet, spot E-44
@HALIFAXHOPSSER], Swap Meet, spot O-189
[USER=895]@HEMI-ITIS

@hsorman, Hawk, Swap Meet, Spots E45 and E46
@JDmac72chrgr
@JerseyJoe
@JPrusinows
@maxwedgechar, Swap Meet, Spots H90-92
@MiradaMegaCab
@MoparForLife
@moparwacko, Show, Field, Cummins Four Wheel Drive
@mwbeebe, Spectator
@NHCharger
@NOTTA TUFCAT, Show Field, 67 Coronet, Dark Turquoise with White Top and Interior
@pa383mopar, Mark, Show Field, 67 Coronet 500, Dark Turquoise with Black Top and Interior
@pturner, Pat, Show Field, 68 Road Runner, Restomod
@QuickBpBp, Swap Meet
@Richard Cranium, Survivor Tent, 69 Road Runner
@rmchrgr
@road robert, Show Field
@RT68440
@Scott McClure, Spectator
@senoia, Jay, Show Field, 69 A12 Super Bee, Butterscotch 4 Speed, Spot R116
@TopBanana72
@Triplegreen500, Show Field, 70 Charger 500, Triple Green
@turbine68rt, Steve, Show Field, 68 Charger RT, bronze with white tail stripe
@T2R9
@VANDAN, Dan
@w.Hudson
@64SF, Larry, Car Corral spot RO36, 65 Satellite - 383, 4 speed. Will also be bringing various intakes, carbs and some other odds and ends.
@66ChargerHI-PO
@68BabyBlue, Show Field, 68 Blue GTX, 69 Red 440 in the Covered Pavilion Car Corral
@69bfan, Richard, Swap Meet rows H and I, spots 138-143
@69L48Z27
@70LemonTwst
@71dodgechargerrt , if the border is open
@91r/t, Cory, Show Field, 68 Viper Yellow Charger

Take care,
Richard[/USER]

Last edited:
This past weekend at the NSRA meet in York Pa. I managed to get 3 new attendee's for our Carlisle tent registration. All three indicated they would attend the Saturday lunch.
1970 Awesome Dart GTS, 68 just completed "Green" beautiful Charger, and a 69 Superbee.
None of the 3 knew about this site.

For those who have not registered yet, today is the last day, June 7th to register for the 10% discounted rate for the showfield. If you have already registered and failed to select the FBBO club participation, you can modify your registration if you should like to support the group of your choice. If registering in the days to come, please consider supporting the FBBO club by selecting this site.

Thanks for everyone's support,
Richard

@hsorman & @69bfan : Are you guys going to have "cover charge" to the tent if @Richard Cranium's autograph hopes are dashed at $5 per?? :lol:
Just wondering. HOPE TO SEE YA'LL, will be year 16 if I make it. (pending work schedule, as usual!!)

Unfortunately due to my obligations to our vendor's tent, I do not basically leave that site from the time that I arrive on Tuesday morning till Sunday morning. So thankfully Hawk, Dan and several others take care of the FBBO tent activities during the week. They are the guys that makes the meet ups and luncheon possible. If we can pull in celebrities to support the cause, @Richard Cranium, then I am all for it.

Any and all suggestions to make the tent activities more attractive are more than welcome. I am already thinking about some ideals for next year like goody bags and possible drawings for those who register for the event under the FBBO group.

Thanks,
Richard

For those who have not registered yet, today is the last day, June 7th to register for the 10% discounted rate for the showfield. If you have already registered and failed to select the FBBO club participation, you can modify your registration if you should like to support the group of your choice. If registering in the days to come, please consider supporting the FBBO club by selecting this site.

Thanks for everyone's support,
Richard
I just registered my truck as well so that should add to the count.
1993 Dodge Dakota LE green/tan with a V8 swap (stock 5.2L)

I plan on being there Thurs thru Sat. I'll be with the 70ChargerRegistry tent in the showfield. I'll have a couple 70's there so stop by to say hello
Bill

The Carlisle Events Guide is expected to be posted online on June 22nd. Plans are being finalized as to the placement of the different groups and club tents. So we will know at that time, the approximate location of the FBBO tent.

At this time, there was only three spaces still left unsold in the general swap meet area. It will be overflowing into the car corral area as it did in 2019. So things are looking very good for a near record turn out.

If your on the fence about attending, hopefully you can find the time to come out and take in the event.

Thanks,
Richard

Just looked online to see if I could pick up a swap space. Sold out. Going to be a heck of a show! Looks like spectator only for me.

@T2R9 and anyone else who might be looking to pickup a swap meet spot, you will need to contact Carlisle Events directly as they are going to use a number of the car corral spots that joins up to the swap meet area as an overflow for the swap meet. These spaces are actually very good spots in a relatively flat area just below the Car Corral Pavilion and Gate 7. I know in 2019 that they were selling these spaces up through that Tuesday of the week of the event. I am not sure of what time frame that they are working on, but I do know that most of that area sold out in 2019 as well, so for anyone interested, I would not hesitate.

It looks like Carlisle is shaping up to be a great one this year!

So a reminder of FBBO tent activities for folks to meet on Friday and Saturday:
  • 9AM Friday and Saturday: Get together and discuss cars, plans and perhaps help members out with any search needs (especially Friday). I will be at the tent at least 8:45 - 9:30.
  • 12 Noon Friday and Saturday: LUNCH!!! I will be there at least noon - 1PM.
    On Friday, I will have my grill there for members that want to use the grill to grill their own food. Let's meet for lunch!
    On Saturday, we can hopefully have a large get together of FBBO members. I will offer burgers and hot dogs (while supplies last *), as well as the grill for others to cook their own food if they like. I will likely also have some beverages while supplies last. Please come and meet other FBBO members and say hello!
    IF YOU WOULD LIKE BURGERS and/or HOT DOGS ON SATURDAY FOR LUNCH, PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD (or PM me) AND INDICATE WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE. This will help me gauge approximately how much food to buy.
  • 6PM Friday and Saturday: I will again have the grill available for people to cook their own food and hang out for dinner. Bring you own food and drink, but a grill and some condiments should be available.
* A note regarding the Saturday Lunch: I will purchase food and work to prepare lunch for FBBO members. However, it is always difficult to determine how much to bring. Of course, it is costly too; I don't want to throw out food, and I can't save what is not eaten due to limited ice/ cooler time. I will bring burgers and hot dogs based on the approximate number of responses that I get. I apologize in advance if I run out. Food will be served on a first come, first served basis. Please be respectful and try to honor your order. If you order food come, if you don't order please understand food will be limited. This can't be a free for all, as the cost for this is coming out of my pocket. I ask for nothing other than the respect and consideration for those who come, and hopefully we will have enough to enjoy ourselves and have a good time!

Here is the list of members who will (or may - see comments) be attending: (@FU64RY @crash89 @69bfan @91r/t @dual fours @dmoore @keepat @pturner @Richard Cranium @maxwedgechar @Dennis H @moparwacko )
upload_2021-6-11_22-38-56.png

Please, if I missed you, you haven't yet told me you are coming, you want to be specific about burger vs. hot dog, or I have something wrong, etc., please let me know either via this thread or via PM.

I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible!

Cheers,

Hawk

Auto Transport Service
Back