• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Carlisle 2021 thread

Hello from road robert driving from Massachusetts! I will be making the 389 mile road trip (avoid highways) for the first time this year with my buddy (Johnny Lightning) riding shotgun, '71 road runner all stock no A/C, manual steering, 383 4spd w/ 3:91s and F-70 14 Good Year Polyglas wide treads!
Can my friend and I swing by the tent on Sat for 2 burgers and 2 dogs? (He's a '71 Chevelle SS 454 4 spd guy but loves Mopars too!)
1. I do not see a 2021 schedule on the Dragway website, please let us know what you find out... I saw on this thread that some guys head out the the dirt oval track nearby to see stock car racing Sat night, sounds fun.
2. I want to do the autocross, will they let you drive the course with just a lap seat belt? I am trying to find a Snell rated helmet but not easy last minute...

Drive safe and we'll see you Saturday (and maybe at other meet and greets at the tent)! Got you covered for the burgers and dogs!

Hawk

Mtn Sunday.jpg
Mtn ad.jpg
Mtn ad.jpg
Mtn Bracket.jpg
Mtn Bracket.jpg
Hello from road robert driving from Massachusetts! I will be making the 389 mile road trip (avoid highways) for the first time this year with my buddy (Johnny Lightning) riding shotgun, '71 road runner all stock no A/C, manual steering, 383 4spd w/ 3:91s and F-70 14 Good Year Polyglas wide treads!
Can my friend and I swing by the tent on Sat for 2 burgers and 2 dogs? (He's a '71 Chevelle SS 454 4 spd guy but loves Mopars too!)
1. I do not see a 2021 schedule on the Dragway website, please let us know what you find out... I saw on this thread that some guys head out the the dirt oval track nearby to see stock car racing Sat night, sounds fun.
2. I want to do the autocross, will they let you drive the course with just a lap seat belt? I am trying to find a Snell rated helmet but not easy last minute...

You have Williams Grove Speedway right down the street from Carlisle fairgrounds Friday night dirt oval track racing and Port Royal Sat night dirt track racing. They dont let you take your own personal car out on the track though. U can ask management though since you will have nice car. Maybe they will let you but insurance reasons will kill it probably. He is Williams grove schedule and South mountain dragstrip racing for Friday.

Also if you are retired veteran military or active duty or Guard. You get $5.00 off your entrance fee. Carlilse just started this at the Ford show this year I went to, you dont have to show them your ID but I would take it just in case or something with your DD 214 paper work a copy of it if you dont have a Id or copy of discharge certificate or even some type of e-mail with your name on it from military just in case.

Williams Grove phone number is
RACING EVERY WEEKEND
RT. 15 South - Mechanicsburg
(717) 697-5000
FBSM50x50.jpg
Williams Grove Speedway

speedweek.png

2-Jul 7:30 RHI Magnesite Presents the Mitch Smith Memorial 410 Sprints PA Speedweek $15,000 to win Hoosier Diamond Series & Fireworks
GA $25 Y $

9-Jul 7:30 Fan Appreciation Night
410 Sprints & United Racing Club/EMMR Photo Shoot
Free entry to the front pits for General Admission ticket holders before the races!
View attachment 1133663
View attachment 1133664
GA $20 Y $10
16-Jul 7:30 410 Sprints World of Outlaws Tune Up
Hoosier Diamond Series/358 Sprint Car Summer Series
View attachment 1133665
GA $20 Y $10
23-Jul 7:30 Champion Racing Oil Summer Nationals
sanctioned by World of Outlaws Sprint Cars & Fireworks
GA $30 Y $15
View attachment 1133666
24-Jul 7:30 Champion Racing Oil Summer Nationals
sanctioned by World of Outlaws Sprint Cars & Fireworks
GA $30 Y $15
View attachment 1133667
30-Jul 7:30 York County Racing Club Night
410 Sprints Yellow Breeches 500 & 358 Sprint Summer Series
GA $15 Y $10
View attachment 1133668

Last edited:
Here is my updated listing for those attending the event. If things go as plan, I will be pulling out of here around 11:00 PM Sunday night so as to get a couple hours out of the way. If things go as plan, I hope to be on the grounds around mid afternoon on Monday, July 5th. Everyone have a safe trip and stop by our location in rows H and I in spots 138 through 143.

@bad88ttop, Show Field in the area of the 70 Charger Registry Tent
@Bbodycomeback
@B Body Newbie, Show Field, 69 Dart GTS
@Chipstar, Chip, Show Field, 62 Plymouth Fury Convertible
@crash89, Pat, Show Field, stock, 69 B5 Road Runner with black hood stripes. Red Show Field, Spot R133.
@DAVID S WALKER
@Dennis H, Show Field, 09 Challenger, Spot B309
@devinism
@dmoore
@Dodge33, Jeff, Swap Meet, Spots O125-127, Bringing a wide selection of sheet metal, frame rails and other miscellaneous pieces.
@Don Frelier, Don, Show Field, 66 Plymouth Satellite, Black with Metallic Red Interior; 93 Dodge Dakota LE, green and tan, V8 swap
@dual fours
@flatiron44
@FU64RY, Steve, Swap Meet, spot E-44
@GTXTom, Show Field, 71 GTX
@HALIFAXHOPSSER]@HEMI-ITIS
@hsorman, Hawk, Swap Meet, Spots E45 and E46
@Jack Luckhowec, Show Field, 69 GTX, Spot R139
@JDmac72chrgr
@JerseyJoe
@JPrusinows
@khryslerkid, Show Field, 62-65 B-Body Stock, Spot 302
@maxwedgechar, Swap Meet, Spots H90-92
@MiradaMegaCab, Show Field, 2007 Long Bed Mega Cab, Yellow Show Field, Spot 449.
@MoparForLife
@moparwacko, Show, Field, Cummins Four Wheel Drive
@mwbeebe, Spectator
@NHCharger
@NOTTA TUFCAT, Show Field, 67 Coronet, Dark Turquoise with White Top and Interior, Red Show Field, Spot 126.
@pa383mopar, Mark, Show Field, 67 Coronet 500, Dark Turquoise with Black Top and Interior
@pturner, Pat, Show Field, 68 Road Runner, Restomod, Red Show Field, Spot 143.
@QuickBpBp, Swap Meet
@Richard Cranium, Survivor Tent, 69 Road Runner
@rmchrgr
@road robert, Show Field, 71 Road Robert
@RT68440
@Scott McClure, Spectator
@senoia, Jay, Show Field, 69 A12 Super Bee, Butterscotch 4 Speed, Red Show Field, Spot R116
@TopBanana72
@Triplegreen500, Show Field, 70 Charger 500, Triple Green
@turbine68rt, Steve, Show Field, 68 Charger RT, bronze with white tail stripe
@T2R9
@VANDAN, Dan
@Wizard, Swap Meet
@w.Hudson
@64SF, Larry, Car Corral spot RO36, 65 Satellite - 383, 4 speed. Will also be bringing various intakes, carbs and some other odds and ends.
@66ChargerHI-PO, Show Field 67 Fury III Turquoise four door.
@68BabyBlue, Show Field, 2014 Dodge Ram, 68 Blue GTX in the Covered Pavilion Car Corral
@69bfan, Richard, Swap Meet rows H and I, spots 138-143
@69L48Z27
@70LemonTwst

Safe travels,
Richard

road robert, With your question I think maybe you want to run the Carlisle Autocross Course with your car. If this is correct, maybe someone here can advise or you call Carlisle To confirm only the use of a lap belt as ok. Also your Street Insurance may be Voided if involved in ''Racing Action''.

Last edited:
If things go as plan, I will be pulling out of here around 11:00 PM Sunday night so as to get a couple hours out of the way. If things go as plan, I hope to be on the grounds around mid afternoon on Monday, July 5th. Everyone have a safe trip.

Safe travels,
Richard

Safe travels Rich, see you this coming weekend !

I do not know how that RED X got there in the above post, but it was not meant to be. That was a shocker, I looked to see who done it:eek:, it was me! UNDO,UNDO, UNDO.
Everybody have a Safe Trip and lots of excitement.
:eek::(

Sorry guys. Won't be able to go this year with the pro street challenger. Speedway Motors screwed me and cancelled my 3+ month backorder on seats that were finally shipped and supposed to arrive 3 days ago.

I will be there on Saturday to buy some parts at the swap meet, but once again won't be able to show the Chally.

Next year!!!

A few years ago I camped out the night before to get in line for the prestigious autograph. Oh what an honor it was! :lowdown:

OH LORD HAVE MERCY ON US THIS WEEKEND!! @hsorman !!! GONNA NEED A LIFT OFF ROOF ON THE TENT TO FIT @Richard Cranium EGO no thanks to @khryslerkid !!!:rofl: RC is NOT to have ANY writing devices ON HIM or NEAR him upon entering the FBBO tent!! :D

QuickBpBp, What are your swap meet space numbers? I want to stop by
and check out your merchandise. @Dodge33
Sorry just saw this M162-165... You need to put @ in front of the members name to get thier attention..

First time in awhile that I heard there is officially NO SPACES for rent.. Completely sold out. Hoping for a great show I decided with loading in the heat I am not taking any sheet metal or bumpers or rims.. Too much work after working the last few days all day in the heat..

First time in awhile that I heard there is officially NO SPACES for rent.. Completely sold out. Hoping for a great show I decided with loading in the heat I am not taking any sheet metal or bumpers or rims.. Too much work after working the last few days all day in the heat..
Richard,

Got my credentials so here is an update for you.

@JPrusinows, Jeff, Show Field, 65 Plymouth Belvedere I, spot R142, Plymouth B-Body 62-67 Modified

I heard the vendor overflow is in part of the car corral. Record turnout for sure.

Did we have enough registered to pay for the tent?

Did we have enough registered to pay for the tent?
I called once and didn't get through to Ed. I simply haven't had time to call back, and I have the feeling all the Carlisle folks are quite busy now.

Long winded way to say I don't know. If I get the chance, maybe I'll try today if I have some time.

Just about ready to leave here for the long ride (32 miles) See you there I am married to my booth O-190, stop bye!

Auto Transport Service
Back