• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Carlisle 2021 thread

Does anyone know how the voting or judging is done or when it happens? I would like to know for next year.
Is it "Peoples choice" ballots turned in or done by Judges?
We were allowed to drop our car on Thursday night in the pour down rain. I didn't find out until lunch time Friday how to get my showfield participant card. So, maybe I was not "checked in" until I did this. I did have the registration sticker on the windshield of my car. Uncovered by 8:30. Maybe too late!
Due to full road traffic on Saturday, I didn't get my car uncovered until 9:30. Probably too late again.
Just like to understand how winners are chosen.
I will be at The Nats in Columbus next month. Now wondering about the judging there also.
Any help or understanding is appreciated.
Oh, I will be setting there when the open gates allow me in!
Thanks
PT in Tennessee

Does anyone know how the voting or judging is done or when it happens? I would like to know for next year.
Is it "Peoples choice" ballots turned in or done by Judges?
We were allowed to drop our car on Thursday night in the pour down rain. I didn't find out until lunch time Friday how to get my showfield participant card. So, maybe I was not "checked in" until I did this. I did have the registration sticker on the windshield of my car. Uncovered by 8:30. Maybe too late!
Due to full road traffic on Saturday, I didn't get my car uncovered until 9:30. Probably too late again.
Just like to understand how winners are chosen.
I will be at The Nats in Columbus next month. Now wondering about the judging there also.
Any help or understanding is appreciated.
Oh, I will be setting there when the open gates allow me in!
Thanks
PT in Tennessee
Carlisle is all participant based judging; so if you enter the show field, you get to judge. You get a ballot when you pick up your goodie bag. They were due back by Saturday at 4:15.

It was great meeting everyone yesterday. Hawk, thank you for all you did at the tent! It was fun showing off my ol' beater and seeing all the super nice cars there! This one
0710211635_HDR.jpg

may be the last bit of inspiration I need to get off my *** and make progress on my 72 Satellite wagon 5.7 hemi install! Although, mine isn't one of these
0710211635a_HDR.jpg

it'll still be fun in an old wagon!

My total score for the weekend was a pair of good, original front door armrests (mine had tape on them); a front license plate bracket; a $90 air-fuel gauge for my turbo minivan...for $10; an engine harness (gotta get rid of those damn wire nuts) and an a/c harness (broken wires to the compressor).

One thing I was looking for and didn't find, was a factory wing nut for the air cleaner. Guess I'll hit the junkyard this week sometime...but DAMN, air cleaners were CRAZY-expensive! Ratty, single snorkel units were $150! What the....?

All in all, a great weekend and a fun day with the Charger. Buzzed up and back, 80mph (love that nice, tall rear end!), zero issues (but I really do need to ditch those flowmasters....L-O-U-D!!).

It was great meeting everyone yesterday. Hawk, thank you for all you did at the tent! It was fun showing off my ol' beater and seeing all the super nice cars there! This one
View attachment 1137481
may be the last bit of inspiration I need to get off my *** and make progress on my 72 Satellite wagon 5.7 hemi install! Although, mine isn't one of these
View attachment 1137482

it'll still be fun in an old wagon!

My total score for the weekend was a pair of good, original front door armrests (mine had tape on them); a front license plate bracket; a $90 air-fuel gauge for my turbo minivan...for $10; an engine harness (gotta get rid of those damn wire nuts) and an a/c harness (broken wires to the compressor).

One thing I was looking for and didn't find, was a factory wing nut for the air cleaner. Guess I'll hit the junkyard this week sometime...but DAMN, air cleaners were CRAZY-expensive! Ratty, single snorkel units were $150! What the....?

All in all, a great weekend and a fun day with the Charger. Buzzed up and back, 80mph (love that nice, tall rear end!), zero issues (but I really do need to ditch those flowmasters....L-O-U-D!!).

It was great to meet you (and others of course)!

Glad you had a good time and hopefully we can keep building on the momentum from this year.

I'm only one guy and I can only do so much. Hopefully next year we can get a group of folks involved and keep improving the FBBO tent experience. When many do many small things they add up to a lot more than what I can do by myself.

Thanks again for your support and encouragement!

Hawk

I did the metal/body/paint on the blue 69 GTX convertible in the last pic. My friend Brian's car.

I ended up awarding his car my "Celebrity Judging" award. I was looking for a B-body car that "spoke to me" with nice details and presentation. (Also, I wanted a car that was more of a "common man" car rather than a perfectly presented, prefect restoration that will easily collect lots of awards.) Personally, I like a great story with a car too, and Brian had that, especially considering that he just had a death in the family but was pushed to still do the show.

There were SO MANY worthy cars, it was tough to make a choice, but ultimately I chose him. It could easily have been many others. Wow - I was impressed with all the nice cars!

Sorry I missed the lunch on Saturday,I didn't get over there 'till well after the BBQ. Oh well,next year will be different!!

View attachment 1136274 View attachment 1136275
:usflag: After her "official phot shoot" & MULTIPLE FBBO MEMBERS' photos which came with words of "support & appreciation", she swung by and said a few words to @Don Frelier. Don will have to post her comments. @Richard Cranium missed out, luckily for the young lady!!!:lol:

View attachment 1136268 View attachment 1136270
She asked if she could have a seat next to my son and I.
Obviously I was then forced to tell her the tent was for B-Bodies only members.

She asked if she could have a seat next to my son and I.
Obviously I was then forced to tell her the tent was for B-Bodies only members.
You're killing me @Don Frelier !!! :lol: Invite her as a guest for 1 of us single guys, she tells the other girls that are there doing photo shoots: get @Triplegreen500 's mom to select a good wine and @BlueSS454 can bring some of his special flavored home made stuff so the ladies can relax before & after shoots/contests. @hsorman had music, therefore expand the tent experience. Yes @Bee1971 she does have a "A-body" but her "curves" & "tail" definately are "B-body" sexy!!!

I know that I speak for everyone who showed up that it was a pleasure to meet me. Obviously, I was the highlight of their day, if not the whole weekend.

:D

Who took the group picture of all FBBOs present while we were standing??? Post it please. THANKS

Wow! Awesome weekend! I have been in attendance for over ten years now and this by far was one of the best years. You want B-Bodies
IMG-3707.JPG
IMG-3696.JPG
IMG-3695.JPG
IMG-3715.JPG
IMG-3720.JPG
IMG-3697.JPG
IMG-3682.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back