• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Finest Collection I've Ever Seen

So is a snowflake

giphy-downsized-large.gif

It's like anything else the haves and the have nots! They have and we have not! Atleast they are being preserved. Probably better than the collection being split up.

There are levels to everything in life. There are also levels to wealth. The real wealthy people like this don't just buy rare cars. Rare cars are not that rare if you have this kind of money. They buy cars that are rare and special. The first-of or last-of a particular model. They do this not only for the investment side of it, but if they own it - no one else can have it. They are truly one of a kind.
Cars at this level are entering the arena of fine art, but still on the low end price wise, hard as that may be to believe. The idea having an artifact that no else can have is a huge draw to those with essentially limitless funds. The provenance (history) becomes a major factor in appeal beyond the actual visuals.

I got a lesson in this last summer, when a gentleman with a net worth that was probably 500 times what I'm worth tried to buy my car at the Chrysler Nationals. I'm drawn to it for the same reasons he was, and it drove him a little crazy that he couldn't get me to part with it. After I'm gone, it will probably end up in a similar private stash.

10 x what Leno's collection is worth. Oh well, at least Jay drives some of his, as do I with my 80th of Jay's! LOL

Who put the Chevrolet sign up above all the Mopars?

Its an all makes museum. There are signs everywhere, and they are at the same level as the cars.

I've been there twice, and the first time I had to keep asking myself if I was still in the real world. You look at a car, and it's a hemi four speed, and then you start looking closer and it's also got leather, sunroof, power windows, AM/FM, etc. Most all of the cars are at level 10 rarity. The racks of T/A Challengers and AAR Cudas of every color are the ho-hum cars of the Mopar collection.

The one that blew my mind was the red 70 Hemi Challenger equipped from the factory with optional T/A fiberglass hood. I had no idea that was available.

Am I the only one who wonders what the point is? I can see having 1 white convertible trans am but why 4? And its invitation only? Reminds me of a private zoo like Michael Jackson would have or something.
Let those horses run free!
I was thinking the exact same thing.
Owning multiples of the same car is a bit tough on everyone else who's searching for one.
4 of the 8 Pontiacs with the exact same color scheme?

Some of those cars I have seen at the MCACN in Chicago

I like the MoPars & Trans Am collections :thumbsup:

thanks for taking the time & sharing what you saw :thumbsup:

It's like anything else the haves and the have nots! They have and we have not! Atleast they are being preserved. Probably better than the collection being split up.
coming from the guy
who has what 12+ (? guess) gen 2 & gen 3 Chargers/several Challengers old & new,
some Jeep/s, Truck/s, Durango & Van/s too

:carrot:

sort of like the pot calling the kettle black

sorry, I had to go there :poke:

I have 3 MoPars & a boat I wish I didn't have
(my 68 RR, my 99 Dakota SLT 4x4, & 2021 Gladiator Rubicon Launch edition, dad drives)
& sometimes that seems like too many
I still want more, maybe a 383 4bbl 4 speed A-body 67-69 cuda' or GTS
or a 68-71 D-100 Dude tribute/short bed with modern Hemi/6 speed drivetrain
but I'd have to sell one or more of what I have
I like what lil' I have
or I'd have to park something out in the weather
I'm not doing that anytime soon
but no extra room & no extra car $$$, to waste...

Last edited:
coming from the guy
who has what 12+ (? guess) gen 2 & gen 3 Chargers/several Challengers old & new,
some Jeep/s, Truck/s, Durango & Van/s too

:carrot:

sort of like the pot calling the kettle black

sorry, I had to go there :poke:

I have 3 MoPars & a boat I wish I didn't have
(my 68 RR, my 99 Dakota SLT 4x4, & 2021 Gladiator Rubicon Launch edition, dad drives)
& sometimes that seems like too many
I still want more, maybe a 383 4bbl 4 speed A-body 67-69 cuda' or GTS
or a 68-71 D-100 Dude tribute/short bed with modern Hemi/6 speed drivetrain
but I'd have to sell one or more of what I have
I like what lil' I have
or I'd have to park something out in the weather
I'm not doing that anytime soon
but no extra room & no extra car $$$, to waste...
I'm not in their league,my friend has 60 cars and he's not in their league!

You can bet that anyone with a collection like this also has collections of fine art, jewelry, Nike tennis shoes, or whatever floats their boat, along with portfolios of real estate, stock, bonds, etc. It's a form of diversification available to the uber-rich and way more entertaining than a Picasso or Monet.

@Just Send It , @#41 I'm born and raised in SW Washington and I had never heard of this museum. How do you get an invite? Through a car club or something?

I'm born and raised in SW Washington and I had never heard of this museum. How do you get an invite? Through a car club or something?

Tell them that you’re related to me and they’ll roll out the red carpet for you.

:thumbsup:

I've been there twice, and the first time I had to keep asking myself if I was still in the real world. You look at a car, and it's a hemi four speed, and then you start looking closer and it's also got leather, sunroof, power windows, AM/FM, etc. Most all of the cars are at level 10 rarity. The racks of T/A Challengers and AAR Cudas of every color are the ho-hum cars of the Mopar collection.

The one that blew my mind was the red 70 Hemi Challenger equipped from the factory with optional T/A fiberglass hood. I had no idea that was available.
I’m not sure where I read it but… The Shaker hood, that was standard with the Hemi, and optional with the other R/T engines was not buckling in front crashes but instead driving thru the windshield and decapitating the crash dummy. On my ‘Cuda with the factory hood it has a welded in structure for integrity. But the ‘Cuda has a header panel, whereas the Challenger hood extends all the way to the front. They pulled the Shaker hood early in production, so not many factory 1970 MY Shaker hood Challengers were made. They substituted the T/A hood on some Hemi cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back