• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Finest Collection I've Ever Seen

You can bet that anyone with a collection like this also has collections of fine art, jewelry, Nike tennis shoes, or whatever floats their boat, along with portfolios of real estate, stock, bonds, etc. It's a form of diversification available to the uber-rich and way more entertaining than a Picasso or Monet.

@Just Send It , @#41 I'm born and raised in SW Washington and I had never heard of this museum. How do you get an invite? Through a car club or something?

The Curator we met with said they usually have 2 events per year where the public can purchase tickets. First come, first served and they go quickly. However, he didn't mention what the dates were or how much it costs.

If I can find out those specs, I'll PM you. It's definitely worth the trip.

You can bet that anyone with a collection like this also has collections of fine art, jewelry, Nike tennis shoes, or whatever floats their boat, along with portfolios of real estate, stock, bonds, etc. It's a form of diversification available to the uber-rich and way more entertaining than a Picasso or Monet.

@Just Send It , @#41 I'm born and raised in SW Washington and I had never heard of this museum. How do you get an invite? Through a car club or something?

Both invites I got were through car club contacts, though I'm not a member of any clubs. The way I understand it, the museum is not open to the public, but they will schedule clubs or special groups in with a donation to the museum charity. They also schedule a few random days where they are open to anyone for about $25, all money going to charity funds. I've heard that these can be be heavily attended, so if you can get together with a club for a smaller group visit, that would be the way to go.

Search "The Brothers Car Collection Salem OR" for more info.

I’m not sure where I read it but… The Shaker hood, that was standard with the Hemi, and optional with the other R/T engines was not buckling in front crashes but instead driving thru the windshield and decapitating the crash dummy. On my ‘Cuda with the factory hood it has a welded in structure for integrity. But the ‘Cuda has a header panel, whereas the Challenger hood extends all the way to the front. They pulled the Shaker hood early in production, so not many factory 1970 MY Shaker hood Challengers were made. They substituted the T/A hood on some Hemi cars.

The source for that information you got is completely wrong. There was a long standing wife’s tale with the info in the hobby for some time. Sometimes people make up things they can’t explain until further knowledge comes out.

The shaker was never standard with a challenger.

It was first offered late in the 1970 model year

The T/A was optional when it was also used on T/A’s also late in the 1970 MY. It was never a substitute.

The source for that information you got is completely wrong. There was a long standing wife’s tale with the info in the hobby for some time. Sometimes people make up things they can’t explain until further knowledge comes out.

The shaker was never standard with a challenger.

It was first offered late in the 1970 model year

The T/A was optional when it was also used on T/A’s also late in the 1970 MY. It was never a substitute.

The sign for the car stated that it was an available option "N94". So supposedly you checked the box and got a TA hood on your Challenger. It stated that two such Hemi N94 cars were believed to have been built.

It would be interesting to know more about "N94". I wonder if you could you check the box and get it on a 318 Challenger or was it only available on a 4bbl engine perhaps? Lotsa questions for the curious. There are always new rabbit holes to fall into.

The sign for the car stated that it was an available option "N94". So supposedly you checked the box and got a TA hood on your Challenger. It stated that two such Hemi N94 cars were believed to have been built.

It would be interesting to know more about "N94". I wonder if you could you check the box and get it on a 318 Challenger or was it only available on a 4bbl engine perhaps? Lotsa questions for the curious. There are always new rabbit holes to fall into.

The red hemi N94 that was there was restored by a friend and fellow clubmember, Restorations by Julius. I watched the car being restored.

N94 was 4bbl only option. Dan Pausch, 6bblgt owns a N94 383 Challenger. He's wrote great explanations of the N94 option.

Read here:

440-6 Challenger with T/A hood.

N96 with TA hood air cleaners

N94 HOOD

N94 T/A Hood in Reference Material

moparts%20IMG_7222.jpg

[/URL][/URL]

Maybe it was from one of these uniformed fucks like me on a ******* stupid ******* forum. :)

I don’t remember. Btw, my early build ‘Cuda does not have those ribs.

The challenger shaker hood just never made it into production car available to public until late 1970 MY. There was an early pre-production magazine Challenger with Shaker hood. I'm not sure if the reason was a safety issue or not.

It did eventually come out for production at end of 1970 MY. And there was never a substitute N94 for N96 situation on record.

Last edited:
Such an awesome collection for sure. The billions of dollars spent and years to put it all together is amazing, but however is such a shame. Get them out there and drive them and enjoy them. Such a waste to just sit in a museum.
As Jay Leno does, I would drive them no matter what each car is worth.

Such an awesome collection for sure. The billions of dollars spent and years to put it all together is amazing, but however is such a shame. Get them out there and drive them and enjoy them. Such a waste to just sit in a museum.
As Jay Leno does, I would drive them no matter what each car is worth.

I think the reality is that there are too many vehicles to keep ready in drivable condition (fuel, coolant, battery) without causing deterioration. The museum personnel said they were not hiring volunteer drivers to exercise the equipment (yea, I asked). Also, they have a whole nuther building next door full of undisplayed cars which I imagine has some drivers in it.

Another interesting factoid is that the museum in an ex-computer chip factory or something similar. The mega-filtration system means that there is not a speck of dust on anything, anywhere... and I mean not a single speck. Unlike a lot of other car museums, all of the side windows are down on the cars. They don't have to worry about dusting the interiors. Once you notice how unbelievably clean everything is, you can't stop admiring the fact.

I think the reality is that there are too many vehicles to keep ready in drivable condition (fuel, coolant, battery) without causing deterioration. The museum personnel said they were not hiring volunteer drivers to exercise the equipment (yea, I asked). Also, they have a whole nuther building next door full of undisplayed cars which I imagine has some drivers in it.

Another interesting factoid is that the museum in an ex-computer chip factory or something similar. The mega-filtration system means that there is not a speck of dust on anything, anywhere... and I mean not a single speck. Unlike a lot of other car museums, all of the side windows are down on the cars. They don't have to worry about dusting the interiors. Once you notice how unbelievably clean everything is, you can't stop admiring the fact.

Now that makes a lot of sense...we were wondering how they kept it so clean inside.

You're not kidding. There wasn't a spec of dust on anything. And my seasonal allergies went away when we were in there. As soon as I walked outside - BAM - uncontrollable sneezing.

Now that makes a lot of sense...we were wondering how they kept it so clean inside.

You're not kidding. There wasn't a spec of dust on anything. And my seasonal allergies went away when we were in there. As soon as I walked outside - BAM - uncontrollable sneezing.

Wow, what a personal physical testament to the air quality.

What, no 1979 Chrysler 300 on display?
:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back