• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Global Shipping Freeze.....long read but imo, worth it.

All very true, but as far as I know there are very limited facilities to transfer good and /or containers. It will take years to create such facilities to accommodate the amount of goods that need to be shipped off the docks.
I just spoke to a buddy that hauls containers and he said there is a huge chassis shortage. Apparently, the norm is to drop a loaded chassis and return with a loaded chassis. With the new Commiefornia truck rules, the chassis' are not returning.
Don't shoot the messenger.

I just spoke to a buddy that hauls containers and he said there is a huge chassis shortage. Apparently, the norm is to drop a loaded chassis and return with a loaded chassis. With the new Commiefornia truck rules, the chassis' are not returning.
Don't shoot the messenger.
shoot_the_messenger.gif

FROM THE ARTICLE
“(Lincicome finds that union dockworkers on the West Coast make an average of $171,000 a year plus free healthcare.)”

“Before the public hysterics, lockdowns, and stay-at-home orders, and even before the first offloading was delayed, nominal rigidities had ossified US port operations and made them particularly vulnerable to even the slightest kinks in supply chains.”

Right off the bat this “writer” puts a big blame on the dock workers and his personal opinions degrade the many Proud American Union Workers.
First off, what difference does it make how much an average worker makes?
Second, the current issues is certainly not a “kink” and there’s nothing slight about it. I wish the writer wasn’t so ossified and didn’t saddle this chaos on them.
Of course the entire article does an ok job of explaining a lot more, with the inclusion of the shocking costs increases included.
Friends at the rail yards mentioned their easy work load because of the lack of containers. The rail yard crews have been reduced to a minimum the last few years before covid.
Good information here in these articles and discussion on California’s roll in this debacle.

Buy made in USA with USA components, problem solved!
What? are you crazy? next thing you'll be saying is to produce our own oil and gas so fuel prices go back to reasonable......geeeze......

Amazing how little talk is given to reviving our manufacturing economy, and use of local trade

If only it was that simple.
For 30 plus yrs we have in the USA been shutting down and tearing down factories.
At that same time our proud American companies set up shop in another country to take in more profits with cheap labor and dirt cheap tax and tariff rates.
Good luck finding a work force to man the new made in America goods.
Hell we can't even get McDonalds fully staffed.
Jmho, we all have had a hand in what is going on now. Its America , I want it now and I want it cheap mentality.
Well we got it ...... for years we have .
Now the chickens have come home to roost.

Do you get Anxious when you're hungry? Then Wait, Soon electrical grid will cause outages for days from lack of fuel. What are the Consequences? You don't need Men with Guns and Batons to control society.
The people are Unprepared for the sudden loss of power and food.. Imagine the panic this will cause.
And the foot of the government will control it all.

Amazing how little talk is given to reviving our manufacturing economy, and use of local trade
And there's the problem and you look at Germany needing Russian natural gas to stay alive. We can't do anything for ourselves because there isn't enough money in it for big companies. Those days are gone, when we made the best products in the world. As stated, we can't even fully staff a freaking McDonald's burger joint. How are states allowed to make a **** pot of laws that affect an entire country, laws that we are not near ready to live with. Look at the gas problem that wasn't there before last year.

Do you get Anxious when you're hungry? Then Wait, Soon electrical grid will cause outages for days from lack of fuel. What are the Consequences? You don't need Men with Guns and Batons to control society.
The people are Unprepared for the sudden loss of power and food.. Imagine the panic this will cause.
And the foot of the government will control it all.
The Chinese government.

You know who is getting richer by the day and have been for 50 years now......ever since China was 'opened' up for trade or should I say China was ripe for raping at the time. Now they are raping us.

We want to make big money, work if we want to and pay nothing for everything we need. I can't change it and I don't know what to tell the younger generation to do. I've got to go, I'm going to the bank to get my loan so I can go to the store to buy a pound of bologna. I see no real long term answer to this problem. It took years to get us here and it will take just as many years to fix it. At least for now the markets still alive and well. Back to the first sentence.......

Is this even possible to discuss without getting political?
Not really. A good portion of this started this passed year. Free, everything free, come and get it!!! Don't worry about who's going to pay for it. I said it was free, that's all you need to know.

Not really. A good portion of this started this passed year. Free, everything free, come and get it!!! Don't worry about who's going to pay for it. I said it was free, that's all you need to know.
They're still saying FREE!! "3.5 TRILLION...And the cost will be ZERO!!!"
That is an actual quote from Brandon himself, yesterday in Connecticut!!

Let's Go Brandon!!!

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back