• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Golden Rotisserie Chicken

More pics. Got dash installed, Hung both doors, and trunklid. Installed weatherstripping on doors and trunk area. Installed headliner. Door handles. Trunk springs , man those where a B to do. Got rear bumper and guards on it also. Trying to work from rear to front on body and trim items. Window trim and weatherstrip , along with door assembly should be next. Also I have all of the interior from Ledgendary , so I guess thats not too far out to be done.

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 1,275
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 1,289
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 1,263
  • IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 1,252
  • 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 1,261
More pics

Attachments

• IMG_0004(1).jpg
    IMG_0004(1).jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 1,255
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 1,235
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 1,233
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 1,254
  • IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 1,242
Outstanding update!

Did you do any alterations/upgrades to your factory gauges as far as voltage regulation?

Dave, since this car is so original , I'm going to use a stock amperage alternator , so I just checked the amp guage for proper operation. Do you think that will be ok or not. Is there something else I sould consider? I did put the electronic board in the dash tach though, because I am planning on using Pertronix ignition . because of its stealthiness.

I was talking about the little regulator in the dash that steps down voltage to.... 5-ish? (fuzzy memory)

A somewhat popular upgrade is out on the internet. I have trouble with the gauges on my 69 runner and I have the same gauges as you including the factory tach. I do have electronic ignition so it's possible that's why my tach reads incorrectly, but I have other gauge issues too. I purchased suggested items from this tech post for converting my gauge voltage regulator but I have yet to install the stuff.

http://www.allpar.com/history/mopar/electrical2.html

And now I see today that there are solid state replacements for instrument voltage regulators available for around 40 bucks that plug in where your original is, and it looks original too.

LOL!!

i guess I have a handful of transistor radio part for sale (the old way) if anyone is interested, because I'll be buying one of these solid state plug n plays instead of breaking out the soldering iron.

:grin:

scroll to bottom of page.

http://www.gcartrim.com/Gauge Cluster restoration.htm

Any more info you can give my on what you did to your tach would be appreciated.

Dave, I did use an electronic instrument cluster voltage regulator. I had read some info on them a while back, probably on this site. I think I got mine from dashworx. Also got the electronic version of the old board that was inside the tach. This assures that you can use electronic ignition with your stock dash tach. It comes with easy to follow instructions, Requires a minor soldering job. I guess I wont know if all of this works out untill I finish getting the car back together !! LOL

Wait a second, do i spy some cigar boxes in with those pedals? Ooh, and Bolivar! Yum!

Dave, Yes Tach update also came from dashworx. Friday , yes those were Bolivars. Allgone quick like . LOL. I keep my smokes out here in the shop , so I can grab em fast. Mostly I buy from JRs. Good price. I smoke a lot of Jrs brand also. Pretty good stuff

Awsome build:wtg:please clarify how much of the bare shell was powdercoated.In the pic it looked like the WHOLE shell was done:confused:

Yup, thats right, the entire shell was powdercoated with a softer than normal material. so it could be body worked. That $hit covers everywhere

Car is looking very nice! Great work indeed!!

Here's an update. Installed new front windshield , original rear window , Door birds, and mirror. Figured out regulators for quarter windows , and installed windows. Installed rear quarter whiskers. Found out that my headliner guy cut hole for dome light about 2 inches too far back !!!!. He WILL be installing a new one at his expense this weekend. Waiting for wingvent chrome to come back so I can install door glass. Just trying to get something done each week. LOL.

Attachments

• IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,096
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,086
  • IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,079
  • IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,077
  • IMG_0009(1).jpg
    IMG_0009(1).jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1,101
Looks like its coming together, got the motor in the shop yet? The rate your going it will be ready for the street , or museum, next spring,LOL.

Machine work on the motor is probably the easyest part for me. I will assemble myself , as I do'nt trust anyone elese to do so. Will rebuild the A833 myself also. Target date is April Fools Day LOL

Auto Transport Service
Back