• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The hair ain't that long but it's about to come off!!

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:21 AM
Reaction score
It's just too dang hot for it....how do y'all with longer hair put up with it? It's about to drive me nuts.

IMG_20230620_053354877.jpg

Go high and tight for the summer. You still have the rest of today to decide. Got my vote.

I have been shaving my head (trimmers to like 1/8th inch) for bout 20 years now... i used to have long caveman hair.. i like short SOOO much more :) get up and go.. and much cooler.

I still have hair but I’m too old to mess with it or much care about it anymore. I keep it short in summer and get maybe a little shaggy in the winter. I’ve never been ready to shave my head however except for the one time I absentmindedly forgot to put a comb on my hair trimmer and ran it over the top of my scalp before realizing it. After that I didn’t have much choice but to give myself a buzz cut. My wife kind of liked it but I thought I looked like a goof ball.

I haven't had a haircut since I retired Mar 2015, except to cut off the split ends, and the 2 inches I cut off a couple months ago. I'm not planning on getting one until all the Homeless Vets have housing, so that may be never! In my younger days, it would get so long then start to drive me nuts I had so much hair, now that it's thinning and I'm losing it, it doesn't bug me that much.
I call it my "Patriot tail"!
STC_0261.JPG

I look better (I said better, not good) with longer normal length hair, but getting to the point where I can put it where I want, and have it stay there, just takes too long. And wearing a hat in arizona in the summer is a non-starter. So, number two cut, all over.
I used to get my girlfriend to cut it, but that is a hassle, and I found a barber school that cuts it for $5. I give a $5 tip. Worth it to get a pro cut whenever I want.

Cut mine short in the summer months cuz as a geezer, sweat like a pig now doing anything requiring physical effort when it’s hot and humid. Once hair gets damp from sweating, stays that way for hours. Now it’s shorter damp hair instead of longer.

I'm bald so hair isn't a concern for me. Shave the ol' Solar Sex Panel once a month. Cool and Breezy!!! cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Auto Transport Service
Back