• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Man In the Moon

khryslerkid

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:56 PM
Reaction score
You've heard the old expression "The Man In the Moon". Refers to different shapes on the moon's surface that resembles a person or a person's face. Well there actually is a Man In The Moon!

Eugene Shoemaker: The Only Human Buried on the Moon

Gene-Shoemaker.jpg
Gene-Shoemaker.jpg

Gene Shoemaker is considered the founding father of astrogeology, and NASA rewarded his years of work by sending his ashes to the moon. NASA

https://science.howstuffworks.com/eugene-shoemaker-buried-on-moon.htm

Yeah!
Who knew?
Thanks KK
PS: While I was stationed at Wright-Patt AFB, a neighbor of mine, he had a piece of Moon rock
His Dad was a Scientist, passed away, and had a piece! It was not supposed to be, but...hey...when your working on it for the Gvt...anything goes?

Yeah!
Who knew?
Thanks KK
PS: While I was stationed at Wright-Patt AFB, a neighbor of mine, he had a piece of Moon rock
His Dad was a Scientist, passed away, and had a piece! It was not supposed to be, but...hey...when your working on it for the Gvt...anything goes?
Given the cost of getting the transportation arranged to deliver said rock to Earth, that piece has to be way more valuable than it's own weight in Gold. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back