• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Mega Mopar Series at Bandimere in Denver.

SteveSS

Local time
8:14 AM
Reaction score
My daughter and I attended the big Mopar event at Bandimere Speedway in Denver. At the swap meet, I got to meet MoparMarks from this board. The car show was phenomenal. I'm posting my favorite car there. It also won 1st place for the Post 1967 B bodies. Pretty much if you could think of an awesome Mopar it was there. The drags were exciting although we got a bit tired of seeing late-model Mopars doing 11s. They had a ton really fast A-bodies. Fewer B bodies racing. Several Coronets and a few old Chargers.

1db.jpg

A few more.

You'll notice the distinct geography at this track in Denver. I'm a geologist so let me give you a quick rundown. This area used to be a beach. You can find dinosaur footprints less than half of a mile from the track. Then the mountains uplifted tilting the bedrocks at 45 degrees This made for the perfect natural setting to put grandstand seats for a drag race track.

band5.jpg

band3.jpg

band2.jpg

band1.jpg

band6.jpg

bandband7.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back