• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Mod Rod

nigel

Local time
12:25 AM
Reaction score
So I've been working away on my pride and joy for the last few years with some major help from this forum. The 69 satellite mod top converted from a little 318 to the almighty 440 has hit the road and all I can say is wow. A few minor issues with stumble off idle but I should hopefully have that sorted this weekend. The upgraded suspension from PST up front and calvert springs in the rear have transformed the car from handling like a small fishing trawler to being a joy to drive.
The car is 100% solid where it counts but the exterior needs some tlc which should happen this year. Looking to do some new panels, new paint and new mod top.
So the 440 is a 67 block .030 over with 452 heads, hughes whiplash cam, msd ignition and a cvf serpentine conversion. The 440 torque has scared a few passengers and always puts a smile on my fave no matter how much fuel costs. As I said I recieved so much help from reading this forum with other peoples issues or posting questions and receiving a lot of very helpful answers and for that I am very thankful

FB_IMG_1705257840291.jpg

FB_IMG_1705257845419.jpg

FB_IMG_1705323219454.jpg

Here's a short clip of me leaving a recent cars and coffee event. It's also running open headers

Here's a short clip of me leaving a recent cars and coffee event. It's also running open headers

If that was a Mustang, you'd be in the rhubarb patch by now :lol:

Looks and sounds great....nice job on bringing it back to life. :thumbsup:

The granny leg/one wheel peel keeps me between the ditches. It's only an 8 1/4 under it at the moment. Have an 8 3/4 to go under it over the winter

Cheers dude. It's not a bad car and is very fun to drive. Can't wait to get the exterior in tip top shape with a new mod top and then it's onto the interior

Auto Transport Service
Back