• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The no trim look

elephantengine

Local time
6:44 PM
Reaction score
Hi. I have a 1966 Charger that I bought off of a young man. He wanted the car to have no trim and removed the fender, door, and quarter pieces and has grinded or shaved portions of the lip that holds the quarter trim in place on both sides. I was planning to weld in new pieces and go stock but a few people have said the no trim look is better and cleaner looking. Anybody done or seen the no trim look?

Well personally I am not a fan. I think the chrome brings out the lines and look of the fastback.
However, I took pics with this one a few years back at Moparfest. I have to say it's nicely done, but I still prefer mine.
S4013824.jpg

S4013825.jpg

S4013967.jpg

S4013968.jpg

They both look good to me....

I like the trim. No trim? Chevy thing.

The chrome trim is what makes these cars unique...my vote is to leave trim on

again, my opinion

going mostly trimless on my 67 coronet,not sure how good it will look but i like the pics of the charger.

I like the trim. No trim? Chevy thing.
How do you figure that? Had several Mustangs with no trim and several Dodge pickups with none and E body cars too. Also, how many road runners came with trim down the sides?

Me 4, I like both but prefer the no trim look in that pic.

going mostly trimless on my 67 coronet,not sure how good it will look but i like the pics of the charger.

Same here on my 67' NET. I usually ALWAYS take the trim off anything....but I'm into the custom builds. NEVER gonna have a plain original look.

I like both looks but for me it boils down to color. The darker the paint the better the chrome sticks out.

On my pale yellow car I am keeping the trim but if someone had removed it already I probably would not go through all of the trouble of putting it back on. The rear quarter lip would be a pain to put back on.

I like both looks but for me it boils down to color. The darker the paint the better the chrome sticks out.

On my pale yellow car I am keeping the trim but if someone had removed it already I probably would not go through all of the trouble of putting it back on. The rear quarter lip would be a pain to put back on.
The color is an excellent point. The red Charger in the pic really compliments the chrome but if it was white the chrome would not stand out as much. I also noticed the no trim car in the pics also has no door handles.

Here's a couple pics I've taken over the years of Chargers w/ the no-trim look:

2tone.jpg

flat_black.jpg

It just looks kinda weird to me w/o the lower door trim

I am building mine without the fender trim, I am also remaking the bumpers to more closely hug the sheetmetal and a few other minor changes. I think it all boils down to the look you are after.

It's gotta have the trim. Like A383Wing says it what makes the 1st gen cars unique.

Auto Transport Service
Back