• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The no trim look

Sonny loves the trim on a '66!
besides, no trim makes it look like someone took :tard:shortcuts.
it just does not seem right.

car is too old / has too much value to go without trim (unique)i dont like custome car builders they hack on everything and remove all origional value of the car .

011.jpg012.jpg Took some pics of the grinding job. I prefer stock but in this case I may just finish what he started.

It's your car so do what you like. As for me I like both the plain Jane look of no trim and steel wheels to the dresses up with lots of trim and nice wheels. have at it and keep us posted of you you do to your car.
Wayne

Hello I have two full sets of 1967 trim for sale. You would be able to make it work with the small fender pieces.

I think it can go either way but I'm keeping my trim on.

I think the color of the car has a lot to do with leaving the trim on the car. Mine is originally Silver but is now Red. I think the trim on the car is a very unique feature. But the trim gets lost in some color, like Silver. The trim against the Silver just doesn't pop. It just fades into the car. I think the trim on these cars should be seen and not just blended into the background of the car.

I'm not a fan of Red cars. But there is something very magical about Red on 1st gen charger. That's why I am going to keep the car red when I get it repainted and not go back to Silver.

I think a stock looking car looks good with the trim. On the other hand, a street machine or mild custom also looks very good without the trim. Bottom line, a matter of your own personal taste!!

They both look good to me. But since someone already started to remove the lip, I would finish the project without the trim. Just be sure to weld the gap so you never have to worry about a crack on top of those rear quarters.

​Sweet Ride, Look's Great.

- - - Updated - - -

​What was he thinking, Keep the trim for me.

I vote for keeping the trim, Chrome and stainless steel is not common on new cars anymore, and having it at all is a sign of respect for the original car and shows that you have a car that was built with real steel and real chrome and real stainless steel etc... not the cheap-*** stuff they make stuff with today.

But it's your car you do what you want, I will like it either way cuz it's a MOPAR!

This whole thread sounds like my chebby lovin neighbor who is sitting on a70 RR wanting to lower it to the ground, has already shaved the door handles an shaved the front bumper end to tuck them in taken off all the trim, filled in the marker lights gutting the original rally dash for some sort of custom carbon fiber thing and plans on painting it a light blue sued BMW color and after all that plans on taking it to BJ to try to get $150k for it oh and lets not forget the magnum force suspension. Big dreams as it sits in primer stripped in his garage. Oh ps he hates mopar too tells me every chance he gets. So yeah go ahead loose the trim lol J/K

Auto Transport Service
Back