• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The One I Loved Back Then Is Available

Fifty two years after the fact, the Demonstrator is finally looking like the day I took the test drive. A true time machine, and absolutely worth waiting for. Chrome magnums were dealer installed in the fall of '68. I still can't bring myself to drill the original hood to install the Imperial hood ornament, but that may change.
View attachment 1446823View attachment 1446824
The unique functioning grabber hood is what sets 69s apart. (Sorry '70 lovers. Hood design superior for '69 IMO.)

I wouldn't touch. Even if not a grabber option. Again, JMO.

Fifty two years after the fact, the Demonstrator is finally looking like the day I took the test drive. A true time machine, and absolutely worth waiting for. Chrome magnums were dealer installed in the fall of '68. I still can't bring myself to drill the original hood to install the Imperial hood ornament, but that may change.
Absolutely beautiful!!

She’s a beauty! Just my opinion but I wouldn’t touch the hood….mount the imperial emblem on the wall of your garage right in front of where you park it?

Gorgeous, man. Congrats!

She’s a beauty! Just my opinion but I wouldn’t touch the hood….mount the imperial emblem on the wall of your garage right in front of where you park it?
And it is the original hood. When I inspected the car prior to purchase, I checked for the repair where the hole had been drilled in 1969, and found a spot weld. I've thought about buying an AMD hood just to do the ornament. Won't do it otherwise, but for me, the view from behind the wheel isn't quite right without it. But then again, the car doesn't have the trailer hitch anymore either, and I'm not going to replace it.

And it is the original hood. When I inspected the car prior to purchase, I checked for the repair where the hole had been drilled in 1969, and found a spot weld. I've thought about buying an AMD hood just to do the ornament. Won't do it otherwise, but for me, the view from behind the wheel isn't quite right without it. But then again, the car doesn't have the trailer hitch anymore either, and I'm not going to replace it.

It's your car, but..................

facepalm-head-in-hand.gif

If it was already drilled once.....
Of course the ornament wasn't a factory option, but I have the photo to document that it was "dealer installed." The car was on MSO until 1972, when it was finally taken off the floor plan, and privately titled in the dealer's name. It was operated on a dealer plate until 1983, and never licensed privately until it was sold.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back